West coast nats, what fun!

Race Jace

Research, New Tech and Development
Staff member
Just wanted to say a big thank you for all of those of you that put on this great event.

Lisa and Len Freeman
Jan,
Nick micale
all did a great job

I was surprised to see how many buicks showed up there. there was probably double the number of buicks there than i thought were going to be there.
We had a good turnout in TSM and had some fun brackets.

they had a 10.00 and a 11.50 heads up (kinda set dial in) bracket class that was a great idea!

I got to see many faces that i have not seen in a while. it sure is nice to meet so many enthusiastic buick owners with happy smiles on their faces.

Car ran good and did not have any travel problems. man it was great!

again thanks to all

thanks jason! it was good to see you and your family and we are glad cal and his family came out. we had a good time with john and marka gallina and dick and juile kereny and everyone else.

big thanks to Lee Westrope for bringing me my fuel so i could run on saturday. He hauled it all the way from southern cal and said he had to guard it from many drooling buick guys. lol

I did manage to make it across hover dam with it. it was close!

Race Jace, seems like u guys had a great time. What did u run ? New personal best ?

jason it was a good time shooting the **** with you. Your car still runs strong and its always a pleasure haveing you there. hope to see you next year :)

I had a great time! (again with no car) :( ( :) )

The turn out was great, alot of nice FAST buicks (oh and a DAMN fast Truck.

It was great seeing everybody again, big thanks to Len, Jan, Nick, Lisa and all involved with putting the event on... I know it is a ton of work, you all deserve a big pat on the back!

Jason.. As always thanks for everything your car is AWESOME (and so are your parts). :)

Len.. Thanks for everything.. time to give up on Buicks (maybe get into Mustangs) and sell me that ole blue car :)

Dick/James.. always puts on a show.. Car is AMAZING and he is a great guy to hang out with.

Cal/Holly.. good to meet both of you again :)

Boost231... car runs good, glad to be there for your first 11 sec 1/4 mile run! :)

Sod/Manny.... yeah.. that car is just sick.

I am sure I am forgetting a bunch and could go on and on... but the moral of this... great time! :)

Oh yeah... Scott.. That truck is so sick that I am going to buy a toyota... :) (j/k.... but Garret did have a good idea.. We can get a Toyota and put a Chevrolet motor in it.... License plate "toylet" :)

GREAT TIME!!! THX ALL!!!

Oh yeah..

Donnie Wang's car is SICK..

Plus he ran a new best 9.19 (or something really close to that) :)

i wish you guys would sign your posts, i don't know everyones stage names...lol

I would also like to thank dick kerney for allowing us to stay at his house and basically treating us like family. Julie almost worked herself to death making thanks giving dinner for everyone.

they had a great fish fry friday night that was loads of fun too.

My car ran great but not quite as good as dick's car with cal driving. He went a 5.99 @115 in the 1/8th

What a blast !!!!!!

wind and everything, I had a great time!
big thanks to all who are responsible!
Jason, I alerted homeland security about a terriost attempting to cross hoover dam with a bunch of fuel !!!! LOL
it was so neat to put faces to the email handles, but some were secretive!!!

I love the toylet name, I'll see if I can get Scott to change!!!!!!

thanks all!!!

Lee
cruzn57

wind and everything, I had a great time!
big thanks to all who are responsible!
Jason, I alerted homeland security about a terriost attempting to cross hoover dam with a bunch of fuel !!!! LOL
it was so neat to put faces to the email handles, but some were secretive!!!

I love the toylet name, I'll see if I can get Scott to change!!!!!!

thanks all!!!

Lee
cruzn57

"Toylet" huh? I know... it's a "POS"(pun intended), but I've already had 3 SBC's in the truck. :eek: I won't ever go back!

BTW- Had a great time once again this year!(until I was asked to stop making runs:redface: )

Scott Wile

I had to go away the week after I got back from Pheonix, so didn't get to post until now. I don't know where to start.

Jan and Nick, thanks for giving us a place to race and the VIP track treatment.

Thanks to Len and Lisa for orginizing things. BTW: Lisa looked REAL nice :tongue:

I enjoyed the meeting with Mike Zimmerman. Looks like we may have a plan for TSM next year.

Thanks to John and Marca for letting me drive that twin turbo beast (not the Buick). I look forward to seeing them again this spring.

My family always enjoys spending time with the Cramer family. The boys had a blast riding motorcycles in the desert. I really look forward to your visit next month.

A very special thanks to the Kereny's. They opened up their home to us and treated us like family. Dick let me race his car, Richard took me out shooting, Julie cooked some great meals, the Friday Night fish fry... I could go on and on.

some highlights for me were.

Manual Bogosian's red car. Him and Sod just got it finished so there were a few bugs they were working on. Man this thing is a work of art. everything is put together very nicely and it just all flows together under the hood. there is a lot of potential in this car. Just plain beautiful

Freeman/Galina's car. this thing has plain crazy power. it is a trip to watch. it is like loading a gun and pulling the trigger. it way overpowered the track. I can't imagine what it is like to drive that thing as it makes my heart pound just watching it.

Scott Wile's little yellow truck. man that thing is fun to watch. I would run from the pits all the way to the track if i saw it was going to make a pass. I swear it pulled the wheels on the launch carried them out about 20 feet then the power really hit (with the wheels still in the air mind you) and screamed down the track. I don't think the wheels even touched the ground during the whole 1/8mi run. it ran something like 5.50 @ 129 in the 1/8th

It would be nice if we had more time to visit with the other buick guys and get to know them and their cars.

I wish rick elam would have something that runs so he could have more fun....lol

To bad i screwed up the launch in the final and did not get to kick cal's A$$. :(. j/k

How about the track and Speedworld staff!!!

Just wanted to point out how much we appreciated the track staff and management which helped us make this such a great event!

First of all, they opened the gates to us on Friday, which was NOT a race day for them, and allowed us to mark out our entire pit area for over 50 cars and trailers. We were able to even reserve spots for arrivals on Saturday morning. It was VERY refreshing to have all the Buicks grouped in one large and compact area.

Brent, remember the layout so you can "publish" it next year!:biggrin:

To accomodate us even further, the NHRA tech guys did the inspection of Buicks in our pit area.

They then specified 2 staging lanes that were to be used only by Buicks for time runs, and later for qualifying and finals.

The starting line prep was outstanding, and they did their best for the track considering the windy condition on Saturday. On Sunday, with no wind, their prep work gave us an excellent track.:)

For the guys and gals that missed this event, hope you can make it next year. The quality and performance of the Buick cars increases every year, and this was no exception. I received many nice compliments from other racers and spectators about our event.

We look forward to hosting this event again next year, and look for an even larger turn-out!:cool:

does anyone have some pics or video of the event? sure would like to see some.