Went to track sunday

mrgriftmore

I was a little disapointed:mad: best run was in sig. below, that was with foot brake launch, minimal spool maybe 1-2 lbs boost.
r/t... .425
60... 2.086
330... 5.645
1/8.. 8.504
mph.. 86.08
1/4..13.10
mph.. 105.64
I did a E-brake launch @ 4-5 psi spun like hell. 10 sec to the 1/8 and 5 sec to the 1/4 15.?@103 or 104 I cant find the slip. I know I need some sticky tires. Where should this car be with current mods?? I thought I should at least have cracked the 12's. any thoughts?? Sal

With sticky tires, you should be able to cut a 1.6-1.7 60'. That will improve the 1/4 time by about .75 sec.

You NEED sticky tires!!!!;)

Your sig sounds like a low 12 car. at 105 mph you should for sure be in the 12's if you could get it to hook. You need some Mickeys or Nittos (if you drive the car a bunch) How are you monitoring the motor, like any knock? Your combo sound like a firm low 12's to me. How much boost through the whole run? What octane is your fuel? I see you have alcy.

I was a little disapointed:mad: best run was in sig. below, that was with foot brake launch, minimal spool maybe 1-2 lbs boost.
r/t... .425
60... 2.086
330... 5.645
1/8.. 8.504
mph.. 86.08
1/4..13.10
mph.. 105.64
I did a E-brake launch @ 4-5 psi spun like hell. 10 sec to the 1/8 and 5 sec to the 1/4 15.?@103 or 104 I cant find the slip. I know I need some sticky tires. Where should this car be with current mods?? I thought I should at least have cracked the 12's. any thoughts?? Sal

with a high boost and good tune and sticky tires you should be low 11's

I have scanmaster and knock gauge. O2s were @766 and 0 knock on the whole run. Boost is @23 ish lbs. I run 93 w/alky I run it in drive but it seems to cash out @ 5k just before the traps so I shifted up. I dont know if that helped or hurt the time. I have 16x8 gnx knock offs, Mickeys got 255/50/16 DRs. I havnt heard much about the nittos

Shifting up may have hurt. Do you have a lockup switch? Do you run the convertor locked or unlocked? You NEED MT DR tires I think!

I have scanmaster and knock gauge. O2s were @766 and 0 knock on the whole run. Boost is @23 ish lbs. I run 93 w/alky I run it in drive but it seems to cash out @ 5k just before the traps so I shifted up. I dont know if that helped or hurt the time. I have 16x8 gnx knock offs, Mickeys got 255/50/16 DRs. I havnt heard much about the nittos

something is definitely wrong. i have a little ta49 and run 11.62 with 24/25 psi.93 and alky running rich. with 23 psi you should be 11 teens at 118 plus

How do you launch @ 9lbs? are you using transbrake? I foot brake to a couple lbs and she starts spinning. What air preasure do you run in DRs @ the track and do you use the water box or not because they are ultimatly radials?

DO you have the soft shoes and s-10 cylinders yet? I just have the soft shoes and I was able to launch at 7#. Not to rub it in but I ran 13.02 @ 100 and I was on a stock turbo with 16#. You NEED tires and sounds like a brake upgrade.

I went 12.2 at 106.2 mph with my first ttype. TA-49 turbo and a 1.59 sixty foot. 100,000 mile suspension sometimes is so loose it helps a 60 foot.:eek:

something is definitely wrong. i have a little ta49 and run 11.62 with 24/25 psi.93 and alky running rich. with 23 psi you should be 11 teens at 118 plus

i agree, even with street tires you should at least be able to hit the 12's, especially with an alky kit.

How do you launch @ 9lbs? are you using transbrake? I foot brake to a couple lbs and she starts spinning. What air preasure do you run in DRs @ the track and do you use the water box or not because they are ultimatly radials?

I have the same prob, see my sig for et/mph

I have the s-10 whl cylinders just havnt got around to putting them on yet.
What about the soft shoes? whats the application,brand name, or part # Thanks Sal

Check out Cottons or Kirbans for the soft shoes. There about $40. Also you should probably look into a line-lock. I have yet to install mine yet but that will keep the shoes from heating up and that will make you be able to hold more boost.

i use foot brake. i can hold 15 psi but i dont want to brake anything i tried 15 psi on slicks and it put a buckle in my quarterpanel. i since installed rear seat braces it really stiffened it up. as far as air pressure i run 20 psi i tried 15 but when u launch the tires cup and you dont get a good patch. on the street i can launch at 9psi and it hooks off the bat. the waterbox i heat for 2 second and run out of the box. i know there is a 1.5 in there so i think i need an hr bar. i use vacuum brakes stock rear shoes and s-10 cylinders. and a 24/36 millimeter master cylinder

The S10 rear cylinders and new shoes will help tremendously. I can hold at least 15# in the drive, but haven't seriously been to the track in a while. Spring is fast coming and hopefully I'll be ready this year.

on the street i can launch at 9psi and it hooks off the bat.

lpaulabbott, how do you manage to get the car to hook at 9# on the street? From a standing start and at 0 boost on the street I'll haze the MT DR a good 120-130 feet, and at anything under a 30 mph punch.

Pat

I still I have the stock power master brake unit on mine. I was about to convert to vacuum brakes but decided to rebuild the master cylinder and add the ron custom max boost brake module. Since I have done this the car brakes extremly well and I could hold more boost than I ever did. The way the ron custom brake module works is that when it is engaged by a momentary switch it bybasses the stock brake proportion valve and sends alot more pressure to the rear brakes which makes it alot easier to create boost off the line. I have done my best 60ft (1.52) at 9 lbs of boost, but I am sure that I could hold up to 12 lbs or even more but still haven't tried it. The only thing I know is that this brake module works well for me.

Marco.

T-Top 86 Grand National (61400km)
stock long block, stock suspension, 12 inch red stripe convertor (2800stall), te44, smc alk injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost,( boost spike 28 psi in 1st gear), 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, 42 ½ lbs 009 injectors, turbotweak alky chip with 23/21 timing, thdp, mease 24 row IC, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/50/15) 3720lbs race weight with driver. (Torque convertor locked only after car shifted in third), rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, comp cam 980 valve springs. Weld Drag Lites with skinnies up front, electric exhaust cut-out.
BEST E/T
60FT=1.53
1/8= 7.25
1/4= 11.48
MPH=120.82
BEST 60FT=1.52

I have the same prob, see my sig for et/mph

Are you able to hook the tires? My signature time is from last year with the nitto drag radials, I could never get them to hook.
I got a set of Mickey Thompson drag radials for this year.
Also your converter is not helping your 60' times, once you get the 60' times down to the 1.6 - 1.7 range your times will be better, just my thoughts.

Chuck