wells ign module sources

jastrckl

Weapon of MAF destruction
advance auto stopped carrying the wells line, they have some even more generic make of module now that I don't even recognize. does anyone know where to get the wells piece? does autozone still carry it?

I have had very bad luck with non-GM electronics, particularly the Wells ignition module. I recall that others have posted about similar bad experiences with that item. I guess that means that they aren't all bad.

Good luck, but nothing but GM (or AC-Delco) electronics for me,
Buzz White in Houston, TX (sumnerw@flash.net)

that's half the reason I want a wells module. right now I have a dead gm module, a running wells module on the car, and I want to tear apart a wells to see how much different it is from the gm, to see if there's any substance to how many people say they suck.

I have a coil pack and module I just pulled off a car I bought that ran fine if you are interrested $90 for both and you pay shipping.

While possible to have a good one, there's no doubt whatever GM sells are better. I just checked out about 10 of them that had relatively new appearance by roadtesting and not one of them functioned 100%. Also, they can't be checked with a Caspers tester. I checked the Autozone website and they do list it.