Well guys we took the plunge, three of us just bought in to the idea of Pro-efi

I Love you Guys.... You don't miss a thing. LOL Don't like that its very very cold today here in Chicago. It should however be great for tuning the car for cold weather starts. Ill be headed over to Sound Performance after work meeting up with Prasad to see How things are with the Start.

Well it's all tuned up and all I can say is the ProEfi system like no other. I have to give a Big Thanks to Larry at Sound Performance who tuned the car and his team. They did a Great Job making sure all was right with my car and that I left with a smile. After all the fun and smiles on the Dyno tune session, Larry had me take it for a ride to see what I thought. I think he already knew what was coming. First takeoff the car felt amazing. I was in shock as to how strong and responsive the car felt . And to answer GNSME Question it Did go sideways :D I need new tires... Larry, Prasad, and Martybo stood and watched and smiled as they saw the car move. Its the second GN behind Turbo Cliff to have the Proefi installed and we all know now why he choose the ProEFI system. For My second run, I took Martybo for a ride who is next to get the Proefi installed. Well I launched Hard and he was hanging on for dear life with a big smile on his face. Im sure he could only imagine what his car is going to do. Martybo and Prasad will be running Stage 2 Blocks and running the 4le80 Transmission which the Proefi can control without having to buy any other separate control box. After all this Larry explained to us a little about the CAN display which guys, this is all you need. Its all your gauges in one. I forgot to mention the above runs were with E60 in the tank and only level one on the boost controller. I can only imagine what the car will do with a higher does like E85 and the Boost controller up to level 5. Guys after all the wait I can say it was well worth it.

give me a guess all in ?I am coming from a supra so know Larry`s rep and how good all he does really is.I`m on a stock computer eric`s e-85 chip but would look at the pro-efi depending on the $$$.

Well here is my receipt of things I bought so far. The ONLY thing I will be buying more would be pressure sensors. This system is so amazing, you can have pressure sensors on your tranny, radiator, exhaust back pressure. Basically anywhere you need to measure pressure, all you have to do is install a pressure sensor and tie it into Pro EFI. And yes to all smart asses out there if you can get a pressure sensor in your a$$ then we can measure your a$$ pressure too. You can use GM sensors for temperature reading so water, oil, tranny fluid and so on. This system only runs on coil over plug system. I got my coils from a LS1 truck for 90 dollars. I also bought the pigtail harness from Caspers for about 100 dollars and Proefi will do the ends for the connections to proefi ecu.
So here is the basic over view on what I am getting with the system;

1) 21st Century technology ( I was told that it has over two or 300 parameters you can setup or manage)

2) Flex fuel capability ( not just reading the Ethanol content, it automatically controls the boost and timing, there is no need to reprogram anything if you switch back to 93 pump gas or E85, it always be set on KILL based on the parameters setup on the system)

3) It comes with electronic Boost control, it has 5 boost settings as well a scramble button. Also you can ramp boost in with multiple curves to control launch assist on hight horse power cars.

4) Coil over plug (need I say more? We had a car on the dyno with too much gap on the plugs and it was breaking up, blowing out spark around 20 psi, so all Larry did was via Pro Efi, he was able to increase the dwell time on the spark and we were able to crank up the boost.

5) 4L80E Controller Build in ( no need to buy piggy back system)

6) Traction control ( using front and rear wheel speed sensors to control traction, Blazer brake up front which has wheel speed sensors)

7) Can gauge Display ( you only need this display screen in you car ( no more clusters of gauges in your car)

8)Multiple fuel pump, NOS and other controls

9) if the system detects a drop in fuel pressure it will increase to injector pulse to maintain the same air/fuel, if it detects other main sensors reading out of spec, then it will shut or will not allow you to blow the engine up.

The list goes on and on. I was VERY VERY impressed with Benny's car and how quickly it came up on boost as well as the POWER it made. The numbers are confidential so I am not going to reveal it.

Prasad

Attachments

• SKMBT_C36413043009360.pdf
    370.1 KB · Views: 332
Just one more thing, we bought our system when they had the sale going on for Black Friday so we received the Can display gauge free. I think that's over lol!

HTH
Prasad

I happened to get an extended lunch break here on my Safari trip and had to check up on you Gentlemen! Glad its working out well Benny. Hope the rest of the Chicago Buick Bad Boys are progressing as well. Top secret numbers...( Eyebrows Raised:) )!!

Thanks Jazjam.... The system is all that we need and more. Im glad we have the ability to install it on our 80s technology cars and bring our cars back to life with speed and protecting the motor.Martybo is next to get it in and tuned on his Stage 2 block. As far as my numbers, don't worry about mine. Mine is just a baby compared to the next 2 guys to get the Proefi installed. I'm looking forward to seeing Martybos and Mr. Prasads numbers... They are going to be Bad ass....

Hey guys just checking in to see how your cars have been running with the new system. I've been out of the Buicks for 6 years and plan to put it back together next year with a new combo. I too will be running a 4l80e (prasad, who did you get yours from and will it support mid 8's?) so I like the idea of the ProEFI controlling it. Is the consensus to run E85 now or are you guys still runing C16/Q16? I'm thinking about ditching my dual fuel system for E85 if the reliability is there. Thanks, Filly.

Well first off Filly, the car is Running Great... I've been Driving it every chance I get and having a lot of Fun pushing down on the Pedal. I am only Running E85 there is no need to use c16 racing fuel. Check out this article on E85.
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/hrdp_0801_e85_ethanol_alternative_fuel/viewall.html
As far as the transmission goes 4l80e Jimmy Built it. He Built both Prasad's and my Brother's. can it handle 8's Well that I can't say as my Brothers car is not Finished yet. But I can say they Both spoke with Jimmy about how fast they wanted to go and it wasn't 10s.
Filly let me tell you you will be very Happy with the ProEfi. It can do so much and displays all your information without the use of a laptop. No More Gauges needed. The CAN display shows you everything. From RPM's , E85 percentage,Oil temp and pressure,
transmission temp and pressure, coolant temp and pressure, Fuel Pressure, Exhaust Back Pressure, Traction slip, it displays knock and from which cylinder it hasn't happen on my car but it shows it on the Display. Their is more but I can't remember it all. For those running 4l80e it controls it without buying separate controller. It will control your shift points. Filly Larry at Sound Performance showed us the sheet with the specs on what ProEfi can do an its a lot. One thing now that I remember it has a knob with 5 boost setting which can be converted to how can I put it (stage setting) as an Example if I turn the knob to 1 , I can program the car to launch say at 7 pounds of boost then after 1/2 a second o to 10pounds of boost then after 2 seconds Jump to 20 pounds of Boots. These 5 positions can be tailored to meet you cars needs. And you'll need it cause let me tell you, I can't go past position 1 or my car starts spinning on my street tires. I need new street tires . Lol Filly I've been trying to do a video because people have been asking to see the car and setup. Ill try to do it soon. Ill be showing the ProEfi at the get together we are having Sat 15 June in Busse Woods near Schamburg Illinois to some of the people interested in getting it. On a final note. One of the reasons I got it was I can mix e85 and 93 octane . The computer automatically makes all necessary changes to make the car run without plugging in a laptop and changing the program. The second is all the safety perimeters it has . Like if Im not getting enough fuel pressure it won't give me power, oil pressure to low no power, to Hot no Power, it has A rev limiter. And if it does not give you power for whatever reason, it will tell you why. If your car is running wrong, it will tell you which cylinder is giving the problem so you can go directly to that cylinder and check coil pack, spark plug , spark Plug Wire, etc. I hope I explained something's you and others wanted to know. I hope I was clear on my explanation of things if not I'm sorry and please feel free and ask. I am happy to share what I know and My experience with anyone who asks.
Regards
Benny

Thanks Benny good info. I prefer the stock look so I don't want to replace any of the factory gauges and I still like my dual a pillar mount and dual console mounted gauges. How big is the display box? Also can the main computer fit in the factory ECU location or do I need to relocate? I sold the entire factory wiring harness when I got rod of my stock block stuff so I can install this system as stand alone but will probably have Casper's to make me a custom harness. Or does the ProEFI come with a harness?

How much for the system after install ? I like where this is going. I have plenty of truck coil packs here so money save in that area. I have a huy here in NJ qoute me $7000 for the system install

How much for the system after install ? I like where this is going. I have plenty of truck coil packs here so money save in that area. I have a huy here in NJ qoute me $7000 for the system install

For 7 large they can kick rocks.

Hey guys just checking in to see how your cars have been running with the new system. I've been out of the Buicks for 6 years and plan to put it back together next year with a new combo. I too will be running a 4l80e (prasad, who did you get yours from and will it support mid 8's?) so I like the idea of the ProEFI controlling it. Is the consensus to run E85 now or are you guys still runing C16/Q16? I'm thinking about ditching my dual fuel system for E85 if the reliability is there. Thanks, Filly.

Sorry for the late response as I am still on vacation. I had my tranny done by Jimmy for many reasons after talking all the tranny guys around the nation. They all use similar parts but Jimmy will stand behind his work and used all good parts. E85 is Kryptonite from what I have seen and told by big HP car is that....e85 will blow the doors off of 110 race gas and will make the same power as the C16 but will make 100 ft torque more than c16 on a 700+ HP car. As far as 8's I am sure there are plenty of cars out there but I don't know any Turbo Buicks.
The key with Pro efi is that this is the only system you would ever need unlike XFI or BS3.... there is no need to buy anything else ike Coil over plug, TCI controller for 4l80e, traction control, Boost controller and so on. It all built in!!!!
HTH
Prasad

One that note, you Pro Efi guys need to consider this. To bring a new product into a market dominated by BS3, XFI, and the DFI, you must make your product stand out and attractive to potential buyers. That's why it has all the goodies that the other units are selling as add-on's. Also not including things like E-85 sensors, boost controllers, trans controllers, and coil on plug capabilities keep the price down for those that don't need those options. The other systems can add them in and when at the strip, chances of finding help with the other systems will be much greater. Not taking sides, just being fair. If BS3 and XFI match the price of the price and options of the Pro Efi...consider them done. Look at it from a business perspective, do you guys agree?

Oh and nice to hear you're making a comeback Filly!