Well guys we took the plunge, three of us just bought in to the idea of Pro-efi

WIKEDV6

Three of us bought into the idea of going with Proefi and finally we made the commitment yesterday. I looked at all the stuff out there and some of the new stuff coming out that's priced pretty reasonable compared to all the proven systems out in the market now and Pro efi seemed to fit my/our plans better than any proven system out there bar none.

Turbo Cliff (RIP Brother) he is the first one ever had the pro efi installed on his car and we were all impressed by it. Since his car was the first one, they had to splice the wires in yet, it was done right the car still fires up every time and runs hard no matter what the temperature outside is on E85. Now they have the capability to make plug in play harness so it will be a breeze. I also like the fact that you don’t need any other gauges in your car once you have the CAN gauge or the screen display in your car, I think it’s just a 4"x 4" screen that you need to install somewhere. It has everything you need to see.

Other than buying pressure sensors that is not include in the package, you don’t need anything else other than coils. It's a coil over plug setup. I just bought 6 used LS1 coils for $90. It will have true traction control using the blazer brake setup with wheel sensor up for the front wheels and the output drive shaft sensor out of the 4L80e transmission. No piggy back controller needed for 4L80E. It also comes with Boost controller.

The system is very impressive. It will be programmed to pull the boost and timing off based on the E85 concentration in the tank, there is no need to turn anything down or up. The list goes on.

I/ we are very excited. One of the cars will be done in late December early January. This wills the second smartest GN running around the Chicago area!
Prasad:)

Excited, Prasad I'm like a kid in a candy store right now. I'm counting down the days putting the finishing touches to the GN before it goes to Sound Performance for the install. Scheduled date is Mid December. From what I've, read, reserched, and seen the Pro EFI system do on Turbo Cliffs car, this system is like no other. Hoping to have some info for everyone after the install.

Whats the cost on this approx?

Well the initial package was 2899.00 which includes the following;

Pro EFI Pro128 Stand Alone ECU

Pro EFI 5 Bar Map sensor

Air Temp sensor and Pigtail for Pro EFI

Pro EFI 150 psi fuel pressure sensor kit

Pro EFI 5 Position I boost switch kit and switching valve solenoid

Can cable

Can color display kit with cable ( this is only gauge you need in your car)

This also includes the cost of modifying the harness ends for PRO EFI so it will be straight plug in play.

We provided the pig tale harness with the female plugs with 60" and 84" wires. The one harness is for the stock A/B plug that's in our stock ECM and the other one is for the Female plugs that is in the module. We bought those two female plugs with 60" and 84" wires for 116.00 dollars shipped and supplied Sound performance.

The Pro EFI will use our stock factory coolant sensor and capable using few other GM sensors like Air temp and things like that.

This system only runs with coil over plug set up (any LS1 coils will work) I paid 90 dollars for my set.

If you start adding up the prices for the other systems out there it will be way more especially for me. I don't need to buy a Coil over plug system; I don't have to buy a separate controller for my 4l80e setup. I don't have to a million gauges in my car. The car gauge will show you everything even the exhaust back pressure to your radiator, Trans pressures. The only things you need to buy are the pressure sensors.

I also bought the E85 sensor with fittings and harness for $250 and a pressure sensor for oil and God knows we need that for our Buicks which was 130.00. All pressure sensors are 130.00 except for the exhaust back pressure which is like 160.00.

With the E85 sensor and the Pro EFI I boost controller, the ECU will pull timing and boost based on the Ethanol content automatically.
If the fuel pressure sensor detects even any slight drop in fuel pressure, it will automatically increase/adjust the injector pulse to keep everything on target.

I also have the Blazer brake setup up front with wheel speed sensors and since I will be running 4L80E the ECU can pick up the output shaft speed so that I will have true traction control as well.

I think this system will bring our Turbo Buicks into the 21st Century finally.

I am not a racer I just like to have the best bang for my buck and finally I think I found it!

So I have $3,279.00 in my setup so far. I would like to add more sensors down the line.
HTH
Prasad

Is the traction control and individual timing knock retard feature included?

Is the traction control and individual timing knock retard feature included?

Yes, they are all built into the system. There is NO add on or extra you have to pay like the other systems. Everything is turned on!
I asked them what if I ran solid rollers or any other unwanted sound that can cause falls knock and would the system just go crazy and pick up those sounds as knock and pull timing?
I was told that this system is smart enough ignore all unwanted sounds and it has the ability to recognize which cylinder knocked based on when and what firing order to determine what cylinder and make the fuel/ timing correction.
HTH
Prasad

Hey Big Pimp! I'll offer up my services to get it tuned or at least fine tuned for ya. Let me know when you have the software package in hand. I will stop over and load it onto my laptop and get started learning the system.

Hey Big Pimp! I'll offer up my services to get it tuned or at least fine tuned for ya. Let me know when you have the software package in hand. I will stop over and load it onto my laptop and get started learning the system.

Hell ya! I already have my package...oh wait you ment the software package! I will keep you posted!
Thanks

I have been doing some snooping around and that Farm has been working on building some Bad Buicks for 2013. Wishing you all the best! Take your time, think things out, and learn as much as you can about what why and how things happen. Shooting for the "holy sh!t" dyno number can cause us to make risky decision.

I have been doing some snooping around and that Farm has been working on building some Bad Buicks for 2013. Wishing you all the best! Take your time, think things out, and learn as much as you can about what why and how things happen. Shooting for the "holy sh!t" dyno number can cause us to make risky decision.

Thanks brother, I totally know where you are coming from. Trying to make Holy Sh!t numbers can get you into trouble. I have seen it plenty of times. I hope 2013 will be good year for all of us. We are hoping to have three maybe four Stage cars out there and we are not looking to light the world on fire either. It's all about having a bad ass street car that can go anywhere with AC and balls.
Prasad

Sounds awesome how can i get some info on how the boost control works?

You Can Contact Larry at Sound Performance (630)893-5002. He will be able to answer all your questions on Everything ProEFI can do. This truly is an amazing system.

I am also pumped about going to a Paddle shit setup on the Buick since I have the 4L80E. All I have to do is but a universal paddle shifter that out there I know TCI makes one along with bunch of other companies (300-600 dollars). You just wire the shifter into the Pro EFI unit and you have paddle shift in your GN.

Prasad:)

is it possible to download the software and browse through it before purchasing the system?