Well guys, the time has come...

Things have to stay fair. How is it cool for someone with a machine to BOOTLEG products for cheaper than someone that PAID MONEY for the rights?

It sucks to lose community players, but you have to understand ---

Introducing the NEW 100% Legal Turbo 6 Emblem!.. Yes thats right folks fear not the feds come knocking on your door while murderers run rampant through our streets.

Wear your new revised turbo6 logo with pride, It meets or exceeds the 30% rule set forth by the US patent office (Chinese crap does not apply)

Attachments

• newbuick6.png
    newbuick6.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 589
I want to know how Jiffy Lube gets away with it.:biggrin:

Our site has been "updated" or undated however you want to look at it. Some stuff I removed entirely and other stuff the logos have been removed. As always we can still custom engraver stuff on our parts.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 575
I want to know how Jiffy Lube gets away with it.:biggrin:
Jiffy Lube was actually taken to court over there logo but because it was changed over 30% of the buick logo and nothing happened.

It's my understanding that if you change a logo more than 30% of the original design you avoid trademark infringement. This may be wrong and if someone knows for sure, please post it here...

I have written the U.S Patent & Trademark Office and i'm awiting there reply on this matter and others. When I here back, I will post the results.

rpo tag

:mad:where do i turn now?:confused:this couldnt have come at a worse time for me.:mad:anyone else have any leads?please pm me if possible.you have taiwan aftermarket body parts etc...and we cant get stickers.wow.

Russ,
Sorry to hear this. I'm glad I placed my last order when I did! Your work was awesome. A truly one of a kind vendor. Thanks for helping out over the years, and good luck with the retirement. Thanks Dave

What does the licensing cost? There is a possibility of negotiating to utilize only some and not all of the parts of the expressions. For example omitting the GM logo, or omitting the part numbers, etc., as it pertains to the licensing. I do not think it has to be an all or nothing proposition.

Maybe a blanket licensing deal can be negotiated to include multiple third parties to make it lucrative for GM but affordable for the third party vendors.

Just some thoughts

The form they sent me is merely an application, no mention of pricing and they pretty much want way too much information. Projections on sales, counts on everything sold on an Excel file for the past 4 years, etc etc etc. To me, not even worth it at this point. We will just move in a new direction as far as engraving stuff goes. Nothing saying we can't "custom" engrave our items.

You mean to tell me a fan lable has a copywrite......Wow!

As I understand it the ones with the part number (IE the ones that are REALLY accurate) are copyrighted. The ones without the part number not so much

I have always owned GM products but I am really finding it hard to like the corp.:mad:They have no intention of makeing parts for our cars so why not leave us alone:confused:Maybe just maybe we would buy another new GM(loyalty):eek:I think we should have let them go bankrupt,other companies will make up their losses.:rolleyes:The company is run by a AT&T rep that knows nothing about cars.:mad:That being said I think they are building some of the most boreing cars in years.:eek:Anything cool like the G8 is gone.Lets be honest they are not going to Build another car like the GN the corvette guys would cry.:rolleyes:IMHO I think the Mustang is the hottest car to come out of Detroit as an enthusiasts car

Kevin

looks like my next new car is going to be a ford:rolleyes: if it was anybody from here that reported to gm on russ or mark, i hope somebody beats the living **** out of you :mad:

do a google search for how Ford went after bulletin boards and magazines that used the word "Mustang" in the title. while you are busy googling stuff, check out some of the stuff Ford's main man Carrol Shelby has done over the years to the people that made his cars the legends that they are..

i don't understand why they would go after the people that are their most die hard fans, but this is the kind of things that happens when companies are run by the legal and accounting departments. it's too bad that no one high up in the companies realize that they are shooting themselves in the foot by sending away the people that buy their new cars and trucks because they like their older cars and trucks. so GM doesn't get a dollar when someone buys a decal with a power 6 logo on it, but by going after the people that sell that decal, they are telling the people that would buy that decal that they don't want their money when they are looking to buy a new car.

bs

It's all about the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. If it wasn't for this great forum and the members making gm's little power 6 more than it ever was meant to be there wouldn't be as much revenue for them anyways. So they are butt hurt about a stupid logo being reproduced to help us keep our cars in better condition. Considering they discontinue everything when it no longer is worth their time to produce what are we to do? Oh, it is all about the money. Getting sick of GM with their heavy ugly boats. Ready to get a new v6 stang. :D

I would think the answer is to just stop advertising. Use the board and sell to a select few. It's not as if there are an abundance of these cars out there.
When we find out who the mole is he will never be able to sell anything here or on e-bay. Keep it tight guys. :cool:

They have people and computers that constantly scan the inet, just like the feds, searching for certain words.

A neighbor does SEMA stuff and brought home a mustang shell so my son took some pics an posted them on a car board. less than 5 hours later my neighbor came over - he got a call asking if he knew who posted the pics and get them removed. Ford knew it was his because each vendor got a different color body.
The funny part is Ford already had a sales brochure with pics of the shell with different structural parts color coded.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, it's not just the money. It's the fact that trademark and copyright must be vigorously protected. If it's not, it could be deemed waived. Thus, everyone who is even remotely considered to be infringing is tracked downand told to stop.

Nevertheless, I think that getting the licensing is the way to go to avoid all issues. Maybe the board can raise the money to cover the licensing to allow the stuff we need to be made...

This is the type of sh*t that makes people who were loyal to US carmakers go buy foreign.