Weird RPM spike DFI 7

markf

I'm getting a strange RPM spike that seems to occur at around 2500 and 5000 RPM. When I hit either one of these RPM points the graph shoots up and down wildly. There's nothing noticeable on the tachometer and the engine doesn't feel like it's missing. I can readily reproduce this at will by simply going up and down hovering around 2500rpm. I'm using the accel dualsynch distributor with a MSD 6AL box, calmap is the latest 5.0 version. Here's a snapshot of the datalog, I'm attaching the actual datalog in the zip file. I appreciate any insight into this. Thanks -Mark

Attachments

• datalog.jpg
    datalog.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 08292005_184029.zip
    3 KB · Views: 66
It's a display-only problem with the data sent from the ECM to your PC. It only happens when logging data, and does not affect the physical operation of the ECM in any way. If it annoys you enough, call the DFI tech line @ 248 380 2780 and they'll take care of it for you.

I've also seen it happen in the little rpm box while in the VE table. I assume it's the same problem? Is this a serial port synch issue? I've tried using a much faster laptop and it doesn't seem to matter.

On a different note is the rpm curve suppose to be saw toothed like mine or is that part of the same problem? thanks