Weightlifting - Getting in Shape

Originally posted by Captain Mark

So I went and had him check my levels. My number was 375. I started the same regimine as he did, with basically the same results. Except at 2 ml a day my levels went to 1400! My face started breaking out in pimples and I'm 47!

Sooo I guess that I don't need to have that done yet.
I'm 37yrs old, 5ft 11inches, 175 pounds,

and I still get pimples :mad:

I also listen to loud headbanging rock and roll :cool:

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
Hey Mark,did that help your energy level much.I am a pretty active guy and do alot of heavy lifting at work.I am nowhere near the level of strength and energy I was at a few years ago.just my luck though,I turn 30 this year.Now you gotta go and tell me that my testosterone level is gonna start dropping!Shame on you,LOL.Really though,that sounds like something I may have to look into.How would a person have such a thing checked out?

Yes the energy level definitely went up.

You can go to your Doctor and get it checked with a blood test. You may want to go see my Doctor for this particular thing. Like I said, most docs don't think male hormone therapy is valid until your in your 60's.

If you are really interested in getting in shape you need to make the decision that this will be for a lifetime not a few months. Then if you can make that commitment to yourself, join a health club. You can get in shape a variety of ways but your first step is to consult a qualified instructor. Once you get a basic workout and I mean something that fits into your schedule, you can enjoy and will be something you look forward to doing a couple of days a week, you're half way home. At first you want to learn how to the equipment, different types of exercises and alternative methods of exercise that you enjoy, this is where a trainer can help you. Going to a gym and lifting weights may not be the answer for you, but it's definitely a good place to start and a good personal trainer will be able to intergate a variety of exercises for your lifestyle. As for the diet, don't change a thing until you are comfortable with the exercise routine, dieting will only complicate the new physical demands you will be placing on your body. My suggestion would be to eventually start cutting out some of the bad things you eat. For example cut back on soda's and replace with water, not for every meal but throughout the day. Another example would be to replace some of the starches, fried foods with vegtables or a salad. Again not for every meal but throughout the day. Losing just a few hundred calories a day will add up at the end of the week. Exercise and diet changes need to work for you and each person is different. Consistency is the key to getting in shape, not crash diets and bodybuilding routines. You may find you love the gym ( I do), but you might find it's not your thing so find an alternative ( Biking, Tennis, swimming or whatever) the key is to stay active,consistent and enjoy yourself! Good Luck

I agree. Getting on a routine is the key. I do my 2 miles every day Monday thru Friday along with weights and push ups. Find something you enjoy, and stick with it.