Weight reduction question

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
I’m looking for a complete list of things that I can do for weight reduction. Is it going to be possible to get the car down to 3000 lbs? FYI, my car is a t-top car and I plan on going with a chrome molly (sp?) cage. Here is what I’ve thought of so far:

Glass hood
Glass truck
Glass doors
Glass front & rear bumper
Both Al bumper supports
Full lexan windows
Striped fully interior

Thanks,
Jason

Stereo and speakers,alum heads,sound insulation under the carpet,skinnies(alum wheels),and a diet for yourself:)

Jegs or summit has a non lexan product precut for windows that doenst scratch as easy as lexan.

Look into recipocating mass also 1lbs of rotating mass is like 8LBS of total weight......drive shaft/wheels,tires/trans drums,torque conv./brakes ....do the math.

Aluminum radiator support, aluminum radiator, manual steering box, after market tubular control arms, remove front sway bar, fuel cell, Bogart or similar race only wheels.

There is someone on ebay selling carbon doors, which I would feel a bit safer using than fiberglass and is probably lighter.

You can easily get to 3000 if you do the doors, aluminum heads and the stuff I have done. You can go UNDER if you add all the other mods mentioned on here that is not yet in the T6P thread.

Brakes and rims ditched more weight than many mods combined so don't pass it up.

i would do the doors but, i was told you cant put the stuff on the inside back on to make it look stock so thats y i avoided that

keep them coming,
Joshua

you can get fibrglass doors from token fiberglass that you can put all you stock parts in jack cotton runs them on his car

Put the WHOLE car on a diet.
I have: manual seats, manual windows, manual locks , a/c removed, non ac heater box, rewired the whole car with a painless kit, took every bracket/wire/bolt i could out, no sound deading, No radio or speakers, fiberglass hood, fg decklid, fg header panel, fg bumpers, aluminum core support, aluminum bumper brackets, crash bars out of doors, fuel cell, no cruise, champion alt bracket, aluminum heads, super lightweight front mount, no charcoal cannister, vac brakes instead of a power master, ect. I started to center drill all of the bolts, but i got about 4 bolts into it and figured it would be a lot of time to save about 10 lbs.

The token fiberglass doors cotton sells are PERFECT. You do have to run all manual stuff, but i had to do a double take when i saw them on jacks car.

Ill be happy if i can get under 3300. While your mods will take out a lot of weight, its a total of all the little stuff that makes the biggest gains.

center drill all the bolts? Holy cow man, you ARE serious. You should drive around butt-naked to compensate for not finishing the job. :biggrin:

you know what you can do instead of center drilling the bolts do this if 4 bolts are holding a part and 2 will do it then use 2 :biggrin:

Turbobuick2 said:
center drill all the bolts? Holy cow man, you ARE serious. You should drive around butt-naked to compensate for not finishing the job. :biggrin:

The public at large would not like to see me buck naked. :)