weight of car

NorEaster

I went to the dump to weigh my car just out if curiosity.

Full tank of fuel, full interior, al rims, al bumper supports, power windows locks and trunk, concert sound, power seat, and me (200 lbs or so) and she weighed 3680. I am actually surprised that she is that light.

damn that is pretty light** i used to think the title of the car would say the weight so i always went by that ..i was wrong

That's about what mine weighs with "T" wheels and aluminum bumper supports with me in it (190lbs.)

Mine was 3400 last week with 3/4 tank of gas. I've done the usual things to lighten it up, but I would still like to knock off another 100 pounds without going to fiberglass.

cetme1 said:
Mine was 3400 last week with 3/4 tank of gas. I've done the usual things to lighten it up, but I would still like to knock off another 100 pounds without going to fiberglass.

What are the "usual things"?

Mine with 180# driver, 6 point moly bar, stage 2, t400>>>>>>3710. [NHRA certified scales]
So, no that 3680 is not light...

Chuck Leeper said:
Mine with 180# driver, 6 point moly bar, stage 2, t400>>>>>>3710. [NHRA certified scales]
So, no that 3680 is not light...

No but some on here have led me to believe they are tickling 4000 lbs

NorEaster said:
No but some on here have led me to believe they are tickling 4000 lbs

Mine is 3830 with me in it as well as all items in trunk and a sub, & two amps. My weight is 150.

What are the "usual things"?
Light weight bumper supports, aluminum wheels, aluminum brake drums, no jack and spare, hollow front sway bar, mini starter. Unfortunately I have also added weight in the form of braces, alky system, and extra gauges. Its all a trade off really. Still would like to take off another 100 if I could.

My car with a full tank and me in it weighs is at 3850. I have two subs and the enclosure in the trunk plus all the car cleaning supplies and spare tire with jack. I don't think that is too bad for having the factory wheels and bumper mounts. I haven't done anything to lighten the car. I have only made it heavier.

i've never weighed my car, but it sure feels like around 3400 when pushing it around- a bit heavier than a friends 3200 pound Mustang, but a lot lighter than my 4100 pound 74 Monte Carlo.