weich hEAD GASKETS

liv4gnz

the car has been leaking some antifreeze since i baught it between the head and block so after 2 track passes this weekend its getting worse

before i throw the alky in im doing the head gaskets, valve springs,

weich head gaskets for stock heads

weich valve springs

should i change the heads

rocker arms?

lifters?

arp head bolts?

manifolods?

Fel-Pro 9441 PT-permanent torque is a good choice-i have an extra set if you re interested.

the car has been leaking some antifreeze since i baught it between the head and block so after 2 track passes this weekend its getting worse

before i throw the alky in im doing the head gaskets, valve springs,

weich head gaskets for stock heads

weich valve springs

should i change the heads

rocker arms?

lifters?

arp head bolts?

manifolods?

Your going to get a ton of suggestions on H/G's. I choose the RJC's and arp studs. That would be the way to go IMO.

I wouldn't shange heads. There have been plenty of guys that have gone ten's on boost with stock h/c/i. It would be a good chance to have them gone through and maybe ported while you had it apart though. You can run the stock rockers, but you might look at hardened shafts or the supports that RJC offers. Just my .02. J

isnt there cooling passages in the heads? its leaking antifreeze right between the head and block on the front passanger side

isnt there cooling passages in the heads? its leaking antifreeze right between the head and block on the front passanger side

i think spooln was asking what caused the gasket to blow? bad tune? too much boost? was it overheated and warped the head? no point in fixing it if the cause isn't fixed.

Depends on how much power you're making. If you're going say high 11's the 9441pt's should work great. Only reason they would blow or leak in that range would be operator error. (either install or tuning) If you start pushing further than that you may want to look into a more durrable gasket. That's my opinion.

liv4gnz,

I have noticed many posts from you lately. Please make a note of this:

The correct spelling is "which".

liv4gnz,

I have noticed many posts from you lately. Please make a note of this:

The correct spelling is "which".

Not if your from Germany:biggrin:...but then again its not even spelled correctly in German

Welche Hauptdichtungen sollte ich benutzen?