We are under attack...

Somebody must have got them already because they are gone.

Every once in a while one is going to slip through but we stop the vast majority of spammers. I've stopped about 1,400 in the last month. Not too shabby.

The software does all the work.. I just had to configure it. Most spammers dont even make it past registration. Upom registering, I check their IP against 4 known spammer databases, I check their username against a known spammer database and check their email the same way. I also block certain countries who would not come here other than to spam. And lastly, I have a timer on the registration page that times how quickly the registration is completed. Unless youre using an automated method of registration, theres no way you could complete it as fast as these guys do. I have one other thing on the registration page Im not going to divulge but it trips up the automatic registerers pretty much every time.

All you guys do a great job!!! I appreciate it and I'm sure all the members do too!! :)

If it is so fool proof how does Ty keep getting back on???? :D That's who we really need to stop.
Keep up the good work Jay and thanks.

Mr Wilde seems to be the one that got rid of that one.;) I already killed 1 off today after it got to join.:cool: Now if someone would do something with those at the other site....:D

I wish I understood all the computer stuff Jay said, but don't. Can't help but admire the work he, as well as the others who put in this site......I'm glad we have such intelligent people keeping this site safe...hell, I'm glad we have intelligent people, period!!!!.........if it were left up to me, the site would have been blown up a long time ago....I feel so humble and small. (well, go figure, I graduated in 1966, no computers, no calculators, just did all adding and subtracting on my fingers. Someday I may go beyond the number 10!):eek:

Bruce '87 Grand National