Wazzzz up!?

TurboTiff

14 and already have a GN
Hi! I'm TurboTiff. My dad, garyk1970, and I are working on a 1986 Buick Grand National. I'm hoping I can get it when I turn 16. Not too long ago we put a new tourqe converter and new tires on it. Can't wait to make it look like new!!!

Welcome to TurboBuick.com, the biggest & the best of all of the turbo Buick forums / sites anywhere. & welcome to the Darkside, too.

welcome

To the dark side. Your gn needs work,but has a lot of promise.post up some pics of your gn.your car has a very interesting story behind it already.....I feel we saved it from the junk yard....tell your gn's story.you've got a great group of buick support here....luckily we have some time before you get your license.boy,time sure does fly.I'm very proud of you.

Welcome to the Darkside. I'm sure you will enjoy it here and congrats on saving the GN... Nice when people save them rather than chopping them up...

Good Luck on your project and do post pics when you can... Folks around here love them some pics..:cool:

I love a good story. congrats on the car. I just got mine too... Lets hear the story. show us what the bad boy looks like... Hope you have fun with it.

Oh and you gots a wayyyyy cool dad.........

thanks everybody!
I just took some pics of it but now I can't find the cable to the camara.

I love your banner...you need to make a better one for me....

Congrats you are very lucky it toof mt till i was in my mid twenties to get my first one....:biggrin:

It's heartwarming to see a father-daughter combination / team on here. I am sure that this will make for an exceptional GN restoration.

some history on

Tiffany's GN.....
i traded for the Gn last year from a customer in warner robins ga,it was in very rough shape,not running,engine in trunk:eek:... to me it was a parts car,but i wanted a project/daily driver.it was missing enough parts for most to give up on it,but im a glutton for punishment........;)

i installed a short block out of my 84 turbo riviera,it lasted all of 40 miles,then started knocking.....
got my income tax money in april,bought new engine with warranty.

original trans failed.
rebuilt a spare trans i had stored and it failed..........rebuilt an art car trans i had and it failed....fixed the problems with the rebuild,it was good,but had to pull trans again,it needed a non-lock up torque converter.....

will i ever get to drive this car???:mad:

during all this my daughter Tiffany helped with the last trans swap...with her help the trans swap only took 1.5 hours....:cool: she really likes the GN and i told her it will be hers (its really already hers) when she starts driving...

heres where the really interesting part starts....my first intercooled TR was a 86 Gn i had in 92...i traded it for a new truck at a dealer in warner robins...this car i swear is my old GN!! my old car was wreaked on the pass side,after a wash/wax ,this car was too...
i re-wired the stereo and it looks like my wiring behind the dash?? i need to run a car fax....
anyway,Tiffs mom tried to make her a mustang girl (her car is a 1991 red/red GT),,,it didnt work...lol

the force is strong with this one..

pic

one so far.....it has new wheels/tires and a buff since this....

Attachments

• 2010-06-21 20.28.22.jpg
    2010-06-21 20.28.22.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 118
Tiffany's GN.....
i traded for the Gn last year from a customer in warner robins ga,it was in very rough shape,not running,engine in trunk:eek:... to me it was a parts car,but i wanted a project/daily driver.it was missing enough parts for most to give up on it,but im a glutton for punishment........;)

i installed a short block out of my 84 turbo riviera,it lasted all of 40 miles,then started knocking.....
got my income tax money in april,bought new engine with warranty.

original trans failed.
rebuilt a spare trans i had stored and it failed..........rebuilt an art car trans i had and it failed....fixed the problems with the rebuild,it was good,but had to pull trans again,it needed a non-lock up torque converter.....

will i ever get to drive this car???:mad:

during all this my daughter Tiffany helped with the last trans swap...with her help the trans swap only took 1.5 hours....:cool: she really likes the GN and i told her it will be hers (its really already hers) when she starts driving...

heres where the really interesting part starts....my first intercooled TR was a 86 Gn i had in 92...i traded it for a new truck at a dealer in warner robins...this car i swear is my old GN!! my old car was wreaked on the pass side,after a wash/wax ,this car was too...
i re-wired the stereo and it looks like my wiring behind the dash?? i need to run a car fax....
anyway,Tiffs mom tried to make her a mustang girl (her car is a 1991 red/red GT),,,it didnt work...lol

the force is strong with this one..

OMG! You breed? We're in trouble now.:biggrin:

Nice story Gary and welcome aboard Tiff. Your dad is one of the good guys on here and I'm glad to see another lady on here. So far you're the youngest but there's another on here that got his car at 14 as well. He's almost 16 now but he's caught on fairly well. I can tell with your dad you'll probibly know more than the average member when you get to drive her for the first time.:cool:

I wish my car was as nice as that one.. :(. You can check out mine in the Restoration forum.. Its pretty beat (Title: 84 Grand National)! Nice to see someone around my age into these cars like me.. And none the less its a young lady! :)D). Don't worry, I'm behaved and keep to myself. You probably won't hear from me after this post. Anyways, welcome to the dark-side as many have said. Uhm.. That's about it!

ZNix