way to tell if fuel pump has been upgraded??

sand1

is the a way to tell if the fuel pump has been upgraded from a stocker without dropping the tank??

sand1 said:
is the a way to tell if the fuel pump has been upgraded from a stocker without dropping the tank??

That's a good question I'm in a similar boat. I'm told mine was upgraded when I bought but forget what brand and model

Disconnect the fuel return line at any convenient location. Have the fuel dump into a measured container. Time how long it takes the fuel pump to fill this known quantity. Divide the volume by the time, with the proper units, to determine the flow rate. Look up the flow performance numbers (at your particular operating pressure) for various suspected or the most popular pump(s) and compare your findings.

Disconnect the fuel return line at any convenient location. Have the fuel dump into a measured container. Time how long it takes the fuel pump to fill this known quantity. Divide the volume by the time, with the proper units, to determine the flow rate. Look up the flow performance numbers (at your particular operating pressure) for various suspected or the most popular pump(s) and compare your findings.

This is good but I would add that you should turn up the pressure regulator and repeat because allot of pumps are similar at lower pressures but the not so good ones will fall off at higher pressures.