Wastegate rod hitting turbo on ta49 install

sams86gn

Trying to put my new turbo on but the wastegate rod is hitting the new turbo like the bracket isn't long enough...here's a picture...notice the bracket holding the wastegate still has a half inch or so to line up with the hole.

Attachments

• 1424897307775.jpg
    1424897307775.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 1424897326961.jpg
    1424897326961.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 150
you need to clock it
loosen the compressor cover bolts and rotate the outlet of the turbo up

You need to bolt up the turbo before you clock the intake housing. That way you can point it right at the intercooler.

Years ago, when I went from stock to a TE44, I had to drill a new hole in the wastegate bracket to locate it in the right place.

You need to bolt up the turbo before you clock the intake housing. That way you can point it right at the intercooler.

Years ago, when I went from stock to a TE44, I had to drill a new hole in the wastegate bracket to locate it in the right place.

Thanks for the help...got it on just waiting for the roads to clear up so I can take it around the block and see if it's any faster

if your chip is for stock it should be reburned for the 49 , wot the chip can adjust but down low before the wideband takes over it will need more fuel ,the blms will eventually adjust to add some based on maf reading but if you just go out and stomp especially when its cold you could go lean quick and hurt something