was this ever built

supercoupe5

i came accross this pic and was wondering if this car was ever built or if it is just an artist renering. thanks dave

Attachments

• buick%20pace%20car.jpg
    buick%20pace%20car.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 375
I believe it was an 82 model carbed turbo, actually theres one on ebay for sale colors are different but the same idea.

1981 Indy Pace Car. Buick did offer I think somewhere around 200 or so for sale, but they were t-top cars and did not have the custom interior trim. They were also 4.1 v-6 cars (the actual pace car used stage 2 components). Very rare car.

Just a note here. The Stage II stuff wasn't available in 1981. 1983 was the first year of the Stage II program. They might have had a HD block or a prototype Stage I? The 1981 pace car was rated at 281hp 4.1 liter. Even the 1983 twin turbo Riv. had Stage I block and heads, not the stageII.

WOW!!!! that is a sweet looking ride. it looks pretty cool with no package tray and no rear roof. dave

Just a note here. The Stage II stuff wasn't available in 1981. 1983 was the first year of the Stage II program. They might have had a HD block or a prototype Stage I? The 1981 pace car was rated at 281hp 4.1 liter. Even the 1983 twin turbo Riv. had Stage I block and heads, not the stageII.
I though the Riv was a 4.1 stage 2. It was the first port fuel injected efi car GM ever campaigned. Used the same basic electronics as an 84-85 TR. Someone else chime in to confirm this. I havent seen my powersource manual in over 10 years and i know it was mentioned in there.

My interior would look sweet in that thing, and I did briefly toy with the idea of a silver/burgandy exterior but opted for just burgandy metallic.

project%20tnx%20002resize.jpg

project%20tnx%20003resize.jpg

Paint yes, wheels yes, convertable and grill.....um no!
The drawing is sick, thanks for the picture.