Was cruising and all of sudden car started missing.....

86TType

Slick 86 T-type
Was driving alone n car started missing all of sudden and can smell gas real bad...turned car off let set for a while crunk it up n it was fine but scanmaster threw out a code 45..? Any suggestions?

The codes states the o2 sensor is reading rich ..it doesn't necessarily mean the o2 went out.. it could be a number of things like fuel pump, regulator, injector, weak spark... just throwing some ideas..

I would start simple first.. check fuel pressure , pull spark plugs and look for fouling

Plugs are good and fuel pressure is at 45psi line off.. But the SES light is off jus running rich!

Got any scanmaster numbers?

Are all the plug wires on tight? Start the engine in the dark with the hood open and you could see if a plug wire is grounding out. I have had this happen to me before!

If you do have a grounding plug wire make sure you shut the car off before you grab it. Had that happen when I had mine ground out. My knees were against the steel bumper. Just about pi$$ed down my leg.

New plugs and 02 sensor car still running rich and smelling like gas....any other suggestions...got 009 injectors from a buddy about 6 months ago..any way to check them? will fuel pump make it run rich? scanmaster readings:
AF- 06
L8-40
INT-128
BL-128
ATS-42
TPS-50
IAC-0
CC-180

The idle air control valve(iac) needs adjusting
New plugs and 02 sensor car still running rich and smelling like gas....any other suggestions...got 009 injectors from a buddy about 6 months ago..any way to check them? will fuel pump make it run rich? scanmaster readings:
AF- 06
L8-40
INT-128
BL-128
ATS-42
TPS-50
IAC-0
CC-180

Where is the iac valve at? U can smell the gas bad n it have a lil miss too it lik bad gas or something!

So I checked my injectors with a noid meter and I'm gettn fire to them but the number 1 injectore that tha number4 is not working soo I changed injectors and it's still doing the same thing!!! Wats next? Maf is fine soo as the egr.. Plugs wires are good too! Any more suggestions?

Are you smelling raw gas or exhaust fumes?

How come no o2# with the rest of the readings?

Will it run long enough to get into closed loop? That would help tell what direction to go.

RL

02 readings goes crazy from 200-600 but its raw gas and its not really a miss more like its running rich beacause i guess its running off 4 injectors what would make injectors not work even if im gettin fire too them and have changed then? would the coil back make it run rich?

Maf is good! Was gonna try a ign module not gettn any fire to the number 1 n the number 4 and injectors not working on either side!

Your saying your not getting spark on number 1 and number 4 and the injectors are not working on those cylinders?