Warning - Zip Tie your Vac Lines

XLR8

Lost at Altitude
Just a word of warning/advice. Make sure all of your vacuum lines are zip tied. I thought mine were but at the track last night before the 1/8th my boost gauge dropped to zero and the green alky light went off. I got worried so I lifted and I heard a pop when I saw my 02's go to 735! After checking everything it turns out that the vacuum line connection near the vacuum block that goes to the MAP sensor blew off. Since I was running alky it stopped flowing since it saw zero boost! I just about wet myself and ended up with a 12.80 @ 79 MPH.

You were working on a good pass. Yes, I sure wish there were a better system of connecting vacuum lines than zip ties... :rolleyes:

Saw something I liked on another TR I saw recently. They used safety wire to tie off all the vacuum lines. Just got to make sure you bend the ends back so you don't stab yourself when working under the hood!

Another thing is to use fresh rubber. Putting Zip ties on 20 year old hoses is not a good fix. And remember the 5 little ones by the TB :eek:

Hair Spray and Safety Wire Vacuum Lines

I use a little hair spray in the line, when I installed my new silicone lines, then jsut like Mark suggested...... a wrap with some stainless steel saftey wire installed with safety pliers........works great.....no worries about lines blowing off!
But you will get pricked unless you bend the ends inward slightly.

dave

Just a word of warning/advice. Make sure all of your vacuum lines are zip tied. I thought mine were but at the track last night before the 1/8th my boost gauge dropped to zero and the green alky light went off. I got worried so I lifted and I heard a pop when I saw my 02's go to 735! After checking everything it turns out that the vacuum line connection near the vacuum block that goes to the MAP sensor blew off. Since I was running alky it stopped flowing since it saw zero boost! I just about wet myself and ended up with a 12.80 @ 79 MPH.

Id bet that you smacked the rod bearings on that pass if you were in it for even a couple tenths of a second on 93 and alky if the boost was over 20psi.