Warning About Parts For Sale

I agree

I agree with strikeeagle here. I have seen plenty of members try to sell parts for much more than they are worth with the hopes of finding an ignorant buyer. My take was this thread was just supposed to bring awareness to the problem for the uninitiated. I believe the sellers have a right to make money, as do we all, but there are definetly a few greedy bastards here so look out.

One the other hand there are some of the nicest, fairest people on here as well. So I guess the moral of the thread is... Do your research if you have the caring and the time, if not buyer beware.

Don't be rediculous!! You know exactly the point I was trying to make.

Good grief, get a life.

No, I do. NOS is in the eye of the beholder. In your case, it doesn't imply a part in no longer available from the dealer. In my case, it does.

Your other points, that you naturally assume everyone else is stupid and that you're butt-hurt, well, can't help ya.

Anyway, my motives were pure, and if I helped even one worthy buyer avoid overpaying for a "NOS" piece, it's worth taking all y'all's **** for it.

I got nothing else... Now go ahead and pile on. I won't read it. Man, this board has changed. No wonder nobody comes here anymore. Remember when we simply helped people?

Oh, and SGRIM, you can ban me now, like NCTURBOS and the rest of your "buds" (your word) have probably already suggested. Enjoy your little clique and the dwindling numbers of self-impressed, demeaning types who populate it now.

C'ya...

Ha ha ha

exatcly!!!!

A person can set a price for whatever they want. If a buyer doesn't want it, oh well. No harm no foul...

One mans junk is another's gold...

If you were forced to buy it, i could see your point of whining... But you are not so why not tend to your own business...

That is the reason we have things like the search function and ebay... To quote the gov "choice and competition.":p

shane, leave our president out of this,i would not be his fault anyways!!!he's a rock star.. He has "all the answers!!!money just flows in our country now.. Things are great!!! This is the change that some of our fellow americans voted for...god help us!!

Sorry!!!

Man did i get off the subject...sorry..
I know of a few vendors who have the last of the certain nos parts left...(in the country) my fellow buick guys and i laugh when he says.."there gold"....if we need a rare part, we just grab our ankles, and close our eyes...won't be the first time...woun't be the last!!!!!

I agree with strikeeagle here. I have seen plenty of members try to sell parts for much more than they are worth with the hopes of finding an ignorant buyer. My take was this thread was just supposed to bring awareness to the problem for the uninitiated. I believe the sellers have a right to make money, as do we all, but there are definetly a few greedy bastards here so look out.

One the other hand there are some of the nicest, fairest people on here as well. So I guess the moral of the thread is... Do your research if you have the caring and the time, if not buyer beware.

I tried selling CARDONE/KIRBAN POWERMASTER BRAKE KIT HERE. It just don't work. Guys are suspicous of one an other.
The unit was a lifetime replacement that they sent me. I decided I was going to keep the vaccum brakes because I did not want the hassle of re install.
Countless inquiries. I said make an offer & nobody would make an offer. I would have taken less than what they sell for. Some of these guys here can;t tell a good deal when it hanging in front of them. So rather than wasting my time I put it on ebay & it sold.

I tried selling CARDONE/KIRBAN POWERMASTER BRAKE KIT HERE. It just don't work. Guys are suspicous of one an other.
The unit was a lifetime replacement that they sent me. I decided I was going to keep the vaccum brakes because I did not want the hassle of re install.
Countless inquiries. I said make an offer & nobody would make an offer. I would have taken less than what they sell for. Some of these guys here can;t tell a good deal when it hanging in front of them. So rather than wasting my time I put it on ebay & it sold.
These are hard times, lots of scams & scammers out there in all walks of life and all hobbies, probably more so than in a normal, stable economy. You should not hold it against anybody for being wary of you or anybody else selling anything anymore. And as far as selling an item on E-bay as compared to selling it on this forum, or any forum for that matter, E-bay adds another dimension into the sell. (feeding frenzy) This is why the auctions do so well. Buyers get caught up in the excitement of the moment. There are some great sellers and vendors on this forum. I've dealt with a lot of them and I have never been disappointed. HTH

These are hard times, lots of scams & scammers out there in all walks of life and all hobbies, probably more so than in a normal, stable economy. You should not hold it against anybody for being wary of you or anybody else selling anything anymore. And as far as selling an item on E-bay as compared to selling it on this forum, or any forum for that matter, E-bay adds another dimension into the sell. (feeding frenzy) This is why the auctions do so well. Buyers get caught up in the excitement of the moment. There are some great sellers and vendors on this forum. I've dealt with a lot of them and I have never been disappointed. HTH

Lot of TIRE KICKERS TOO!

Mine went for a BUY IT NOW price.. Less hassle. I was willing to do better for buick brothers..

GOOD TIMES or BAD times there is always scammers. If you go back a few years & follow threads the same BS went here. Some guys get called out on the rug & eventually make it right.

I had No problems buying from JDZOPLIN in here.

Lot of TIRE KICKERS TOO!

Mine went for a BUY IT NOW price.. Less hassle. I was willing to do better for buick brothers..

GOOD TIMES or BAD times there is always scammers. If you go back a few years & follow threads the same BS went here. Some guys get called out on
the rug & eventually make it right.

I had No problems buying from JDZOPLIN in here.

If you are referring to me as one of those "TIRE KICKERS" or referring to me as a "TIRE KICKER" please step right up to the plate & state that. I have no issues defending my title as "TOLTK", "The On-Line Tire kicker". No problems whatsoever. Batter up!

If you are referring to me as one of those "TIRE KICKERS" or referring to me as a "TIRE KICKER" please step right up to the plate & state that. I have no issues defending my title as "TOLTK", "The On-Line Tire kicker". No problems whatsoever. Batter up!

I have not delt with you so I don't know if you are or are not, doesn't much matter.

In General over the years I have noticed with the items I posted FS here you do get lots of tire kickers.. So I have resorted to ebay to sell my items & buy stuff for my buick.

I have not delt with you so I don't know if you are or are not, doesn't much matter.
In General over the years I have noticed with the items I posted FS here you do get lots of tire kickers.. So I have resorted to ebay to sell my items & buy stuff for my buick.
There's tire kickers everywhere. No exceptions. The only real problem with people classified as tire kickers is that they generally don't have the $$$ to back their mouth. They are generally only tire kickers because they either can't afford more than they are offering or they are just trying to go 1st class on a 3rd class budget. Or they are just seeing what's out there and found something to whine about. As a general rule, you get what you pay for.
I do not know who JDZOPLIN is, but I suspect that you are referring to Jeremy Polzin, I believe is the correct name, but maybe not his user name. I consider Jeremy a friend and consider that he has high ethical morals when it comes to selling and buying. I did have an interest in his car after he expressed interest in selling it, but before it was actually advertised as "For Sale". After debating it, I decided that it was not the car for me and I politely declined. I am sure that it was a great bargain and well worth the money, but it just wasn't in the cards for me. I later decided that a new '09 556 HP & 551 TQ Cadillac CTS-V was for me and purchased one that I am very happy with. I am considered to be a very tough buyer, and I would rather uphold that reputation that that of somebody that buys everything that they look at. I expect to pay 1st class for a 1st class product and rarely consider anything less.

There's tire kickers everywhere. No exceptions. The only real problem with people classified as tire kickers is that they generally don't have the $$$ to back their mouth. They are generally only tire kickers because they either can't afford more than they are offering or they are just trying to go 1st class on a 3rd class budget. Or they are just seeing what's out there and found something to whine about. As a general rule, you get what you pay for.
I do not know who JDZOPLIN is, but I suspect that you are referring to Jeremy Polzin, I believe is the correct name, but maybe not his user name. I consider Jeremy a friend and consider that he has high ethical morals when it comes to selling and buying. I did have an interest in his car after he expressed interest in selling it, but before it was actually advertised as "For Sale". After debating it, I decided that it was not the car for me and I politely declined. I am sure that it was a great bargain and well worth the money, but it just wasn't in the cards for me. I later decided that a new '09 556 HP & 551 TQ Cadillac CTS-V was for me and purchased one that I am very happy with. I am considered to be a very tough buyer, and I would rather uphold that reputation that that of somebody that buys everything that they look at. I expect to pay 1st class for a 1st class product and rarely consider anything less.

Yes Jeremy is a good dude, he is one person here that I bought from.

I have also bought from vendor here like Mark H & the other guy in Michigan ( name slips my mind.)