Wanting to learn how to build Buick engines

come over! im building one. It's my first Buick build, but other than having someone do the machine work, I have all the tools needed to build one and an engine run stand.

It is not the motors, really engines not motors, but it is the person doing the job.

Not just what the person knows about his trade, besides knowledge, it also requires experience, proper tools and equipment and another very important factor.

The person must be committed and dedicated to perfection, not just ok. The attitude must be to do whatever is necessary to make sure every step of the way is done properly to the standards expected to completely satisfy the customer by delivering a product exceeding expectations for quality and performance. :)

Well said Nick. (y)

Neal

Ha! It would be a video of me cursing a lot, looking at a spec sheet over and over again, drinking beer, and looking for the tool I literally just had in my hand.

haha haaaaaaaa...had to quote this...because I live this every day!

Just a suggestion .. What if a good turbo Buick engine builder held a engine building class/session and show us how a 3.8, 4.1 is properly built . Of course I expect everyone to pay a fee who is attending the class but I bet there is a lot of GN guys who would love to sit in and watch how these engine are built and what detail we need to pay attention to. Like for them to start from bare engine block to complete engine install and running car . We would just like to pick your brain and watch you build because it can teach us a lot of the confusion questions about these cars . A lot of us wrench on them at home and curse at these cars but it's not running right but you can really help all of us. Maybe I'm crazy for thinking this . Let's pass the knowledge I'm saying . All of us read As many threads as we can do so we can understand these cars but me personally like a Visual ! I know some are prohibited but come on.. These are BUICK GRANDNATIONALS ! let's make these the best cars anyone has own and we all own one. We are the underdogs .

Huenenegn, good ideal but:
I don't think I would last a day watching Lou run back and forth to the restroom from his lactose intolerance and over active bladder....:eek::ROFLMAO:

Huenenegn,

I would pay that price...what ever it is! Even is is is Lou running back and forth to the restroom, but I don't know anything about that. It would be a great experience and passing the knowledge to the next generation to keep it going. Let's do this! Name the place, time and price.

Huenenegn,

I would pay that price...what ever it is! Even is is is Lou running back and forth to the restroom, but I don't know anything about that. It would be a great experience and passing the knowledge to the next generation to keep it going. Let's do this! Name the place, time and price.

That's what Im talking about .. Even if it's a few sessions from begging to end I would definatly pay and drive to go watch .
Or maybe on the next Buick at the Bates we should have engine building class? No prizes or raffle (since I never win) just knowledge we can all take home and pamper our GN.

Shoot I would even volunteer my car and I would definitely pay for the parts and labor of course but just to sit and watch is better than a movie .
These builders build engines on a daily basis anyways why not show us how it's properly done ??

Maybe I have wishful thinking :/ lol

Not to mention the unforeseen. The engine would basically have to be assembled, checked for proper clearances and fit, then disassembled. It would be triple the labor because it's already been assembled and fitted twice by the time it's to be built in front of a crowd.

Just because it looks painless on TV, they've already done all the grunt work to make it look easy. Maybe a small block Chevy would be a good learning platform. But if one of the local guys is up for it, I would for sure be there drinking beer out of a seven eleven cup...did I say that?

Huenenegn, good ideal but:
I don't think I would last a day watching Lou run back and forth to the restroom from his lactose intolerance and over active bladder....:eek::ROFLMAO:
Now that deserves a shut up,stupid citation. Get of your damn computer & work on getting that block you promised me. Don't make me come down there :bigtears: :banghead:

Lol, I replied to the other thread Lou. I got the block into the shop, manga fluxed mains and deck, now just waiting for walnut blasting.

If you're coming down, give me a weeks notice so I know when to expect the caravan of sheep pulling you. From what I recall, is this not your means of transportation??
image.jpeg

That one is a ram now your accusing me of being a bi-sexual mutton molester. No respect !

No way you can learn enough just from watching someone else. There's a lot more to it i think then just put this part here then bolt it in. What about the things you can't teach like love for it and passion, confidence eye for detail and experience. My suggestion is do the time put in the endless hours of wrenching and troubleshooting, reading and watching hours and hours of videos bust open your knuckles wake up with a sore back have dreams of wrenches and nuts and bolts, then just maybe you will be onto something and be able to build a engine with ease and comfort knowing it will be done right.