Wanted GNX

nick19

Looking for a low mile car, under 15000 and over 2000 orig mies. Not wanting to pay dreamer prices. I am a real buyer willing to pay fair market value comparable to cars that have sold with similar mileage the past couple yrs. not cars that are and have been for sale a lot longer for various reasons. Send a pm or post your contact info if privacy isn't an issue. Thanks

Thanks but no thanks , the two bottom cars with 64k miles and 25k miles are exactly what I'm referring to as dreamer prices., seriously 75 and 72k ! You can ask what you want but the answer is am I really wanting to sell it or not ? Like my post says real buyer for fair market value of today. Not interested in what they have sold for a ways back but in the last while as stated. If you have that car or no of one send me some info or post it. Thanks again everyone

FYI, two gnx's just sold today at Mecum for 97 and 83k with 45 and 151 miles respectively. Take into account on the sellers part that each seller also pays 8% sellers commission and also 1000 .00 for a star or feature spot. This seems to be the range with the sub 500 mile cars. The rest with over a thousand and upward are in the high 50's to low 60's that are actually selling. So if anyone has one with the miles I'm looking for that's where my spending range will be depending on originality and documentation. If you have one lets make a deal.

Ifs really upon the owner to decide what they would take to seperate them from their car. Personally it would take heavy paper to buy mine, only because it's not for sale .
I think most people think the same way
I think there are a lot of cars that have history that gets erased over time

Not disputing your comment at all. I'm just putting it out there that I'm looking to buy one with some miles to drive and enjoy without over paying in today's market. People can ask what they want and that's fine I just put my budget out there that I'm willing to spend and it's based on what has sold lately and what I will spend that's all . Not wanting to offend or low ball that's just where I'm at as a buyer. Thanks

I did not get to watch the X's go off on the auction , so when I go to Mecums site it shows $83k and $97.Is that the hammer price or "with" the buyers commission added in ? If it is the hammer prices , the seller of the $83k one take home looks like $75,260,and the $97 X take home at $88,240.
Now just a few weeks ago the 85 mile X on ebay had a BIN for $85k , and sold.So I'd agree the sub 500 mile cars are high $70's-$80's.I think the $97k X hit that high as to how it was represented in "as delivered" appearance.
Now the latest one on the bay with 37k miles , cracking paint for $62k ? Hmmm,don't see it,as well as 234 still being advertised at $72,995.

Neat fact about this one. This is one of three bought back in '87 by the founder of Hypertech.

OL14_r0017_14.jpg

I think at the end of the day the hardest part about a Gnx is owning one, yes the prices are all over the place but the owner decides what that number will take it to let it go .
That's why you see the prices jumping all around, yes we all want them cheap, but if you just want one for the moment then hunt your deal and try to get one cheap.
But for the people who have one when asked how much would they sell it for the numbers are through the roof.
And I bet the "cheaper car" have a issue, title , paint etc
It's really hard to find one that is pure, nice and affordable with all the documents window sticker etc
I bet a lot of those "low mileage" cars in the wrapper Are missing some of the paperwork. Those cars from day one got flipped and a lot of the stuff got left behind and sold later. So the buyer has to due there due diligence on what comes with the car and whAts real.
The best part about owning a Gnx is the chase of finding one. The capture and bringing it home and being one of the fortunate ones to have one.

Your right the owner does set the price. I don't totally agree with the so called cheap ones though. The ones that are priced over the top in the wrapper under 300 miles are fetching 80-90k and maybe that's what they will bring for a while yet and maybe more down the road. That's not what I want,been there owned that twice. I already have a jacket and a ton of asc paperwork accrued over time. The cars with more mileage that are selling aren't fetching the numbers like the ones listed, like for example 5500 miles all orig etc etc for 75k are still for sale and we see the same ones over and over still for sale. The ones priced for today's market are selling. I know this as I've missed 3 of them in the xoxxx txt y

Sorry,meant to say in the last 6 months. At the end of the day I'm simply stating what Kim willing to pay and when I buy one I will post it. Thanks to all who have been commenting and sending me some leads as well.

314 with a little over 10k on the odo, sold for 50k with jacket and same owner for near sixteen yrs. I thought a deal was made by us at 48k as this was his asking price but a buyer came in with 50 and boom! Sold. Another will come along as I'm patient and not interested in a gnx in the wrapper or near no miles

By the way, how much did you sell the gnx with 52k on it ? If you want to keep it private no worries, I'm curious as to the selling price of a well driven car

314 with a little over 10k on the odo, sold for 50k with jacket and same owner for near sixteen yrs. I thought a deal was made by us at 48k as this was his asking price but a buyer came in with 50 and boom! Sold. Another will come along as I'm patient and not interested in a gnx in the wrapper or near no miles

Isn't that the car that Kirban put on here a little while back for $54K?

The cheaper ones sell fast
Lost a few lately
You need to be like the Texas guy in here that is basically a GNX flipper am go and look with cash or just buy it the am there