Wanted - GN hood with good original paint

MR-SHINE

Hi,

I need a real nice original GN hood for my '87 GN.
Must have good to excellent original paint,
and be located on East Coast so I can pick it up.
I live near Poughkeepsie, NY (about an hour
out of NY city).

Thanks - Rich

i have 2 nice hoods both would need paint.i am 1 1/2 hours from you in connecticut. 203 213 9126

i i think finding a perfect hood with perfect gm paint is a real tall order!

GN Hood with original paint

Thanks for your reply. My hood has a deep ding in it, that can't be removed by "paintless dent repair". I want to keep my car in factory paint - thats why I 'm looking for a hood with original paint and no dings. I don't mind compounding and polishing a hood - I sell those products. I just need a hood with original paint (no checks/cracks), and no dings/dents.
How much do you want for either hood ?

Thanks - Rich

Thanks for your reply. My hood has a deep ding in it, that can't be removed by "paintless dent repair". I want to keep my car in factory paint - thats why I 'm looking for a hood with original paint and no dings. I don't mind compounding and polishing a hood - I sell those products. I just need a hood with original paint (no checks/cracks), and no dings/dents.
How much do you want for either hood ?

Thanks - Rich

ORIGINAL PAINT GOOD LUCK!!! the these car's 23year's old.only two people that i know that sale body part's are TTAOWNER AND INTERCOOL88 .if you fine your self a good body shop I guarante you they would mach your paint color and texture.. Ishould know i do this for a living:

GN hood w/original paint

Hot Rod-GN,

Thanks for your reply as well.
I know it won't be easy, because these cars are 22+ years old.
I'm also very familiar with body shops and paint work, as I sell compounds and polishes. I've spoken with several of my customers (body shops) about fixing my hood - that is definitely an option.
I would rather try to find another hood with original paint in decent to good condition, that I can compound and polish. The only way to find out if there is one out there, is to ask.
Thanks - Rich

It is hard to find a nice hood with perfect paint BUT not impossible, i bought my GN hood a year ago or so and it came to me with perfect black paint the only thing wrong with it is it had a quarter size ding and the 3.8 FI emblems were gone but the paint was perfect, just keep searching there out there good luck!

It is hard to find a nice hood with perfect paint BUT not impossible, i bought my GN hood a year ago or so and it came to me with perfect black paint the only thing wrong with it is it had a quarter size ding and the 3.8 FI emblems were gone but the paint was perfect, just keep searching there out there good luck!

but was it original paint?

Pretty sure it was, when i bought it the owner had it hanging on his wall in his garage he had it hanging around for an extra and was just trying to help me out with getting one.

Hot Rod-GN,

Thanks for your reply as well.
I know it won't be easy, because these cars are 22+ years old.
I'm also very familiar with body shops and paint work, as I sell compounds and polishes. I've spoken with several of my customers (body shops) about fixing my hood - that is definitely an option.
I would rather try to find another hood with original paint in decent to good condition, that I can compound and polish. The only way to find out if there is one out there, is to ask.
Thanks - Rich
I have [resto] shop in ct. go to pat's auto care .com you can get all my [info] or phone 860-627-9270 miguel..:cool:

I'm still looking for a GN hood, in very good/excellent condition.
Must have original paint, no dents or dings, no rust, no checking/cracking.
I'd prefer within a couple/few hours drive from Poughkeepsie, NY,
but I will travel further to pick up a nice hood.
Thanks - Rich ===> 1-800-Mr-Shine (1-800-677-4463)

GN hood w/original paint

Thanks for your reply.

Its probably out of my price range - how much do you want for it ?

Is it painted, or in primer ?

Thanks - Rich

The hood is new and still in the box. The box has never been opened. It has a shine through the handle holes in the box. How did GM deliver them? On the box is states " Do not remove prime coating. Scuff sand and finish processing according to GM etc, etc."
So I say it's not finish painted. The last time I saw one on Ebay the seller was asking about $1500. Make a reasonable offer. I am in S.E. PA.

Hope this helps you.