Want opinions on these mods?

djj624

The car is a stock 86GN minus a k&n. I plan on putting the following on the car this month. Scanmaster, fuel pump w/hotwire, injectors, fpr regulator, alky kit, TT alky chip, rjc boost controller, and a pair of slicks. What do ya think sound good?

Provided that the car is running great and the spring cleaning is done. I think you got your ducks in a row. What injectors are you going with? I’d go no smaller than 50’s. Oh and get a diaper. You will need it after you install the alky kit.

Yup you're on the right track. Start with the fuel upgrades first. Make sure the car, with fuel upgrades, is running strong first, before moving onto alky.

With an alky kit, the car will be begging to make more power, so try to let it breathe with a better intake and exhaust.

Car runs great as it is now. Did a compression test before i bought her, and spring cleaning right after.

thanks guys.

I'd add a shift kit if you don't already have one, but I think you've covered the basics for a nice performing car.

Don't forget a vendor that gives-a sh!t about how your car runs:biggrin:
Jack Cotton is near you, give him a call he can hook you up. Tell him Bryan in St Louis sent you.

Listen to the previous poster!!! ALKY is very cool when you get it running properly FIRST.

There are plenty of people here on the board to answer questions about Scanmaster readings to help you reach your goals WITHOUT blowing a head gasket ( I am not one of them ).

I would get the 60lb injectors if it were me.

Bryan

Scanmaster, FP w/hotwire, adj. FPR, boost controller, and exhaust in that order. Once you have all that installed, then you can go with the injectors, chip and alky kit. A 3" downpipe would be a good idea too.

Let us know how you are progressing.