Wanna delete the oil cooler on 87 GN

if you look at the fan theres a resistor block , thats how fan gets low speed , just run a wire to bypass the resitor and the fan will get full voltage at low speed mode and run as if it were in hi mode

Do you have use an oil temp. gage?

I do... :smile: And I take alot of 100+ mile trips on the freeway... I DO run an oil cooler, and most certainly 'believe' GM put it there for a reason.... :wink: .... and MY oil temps, most certainly don't approximate my coolant temps.... usually stabilize around 215-225* on relatively cool days.... higher when it's HOT out.... to each his own... :wink:

Edit: I should probably mention that I run a 180 stat as well.... much better for the engine than a 160... :tongue: :biggrin:

this has been beat to death:rolleyes: .. if you blow up a motor and crap gets in the rad cooler I would eliminate it.. IF ya go to a F body radiator you don't have an oil cooler in it so you eliminate it.. I have been running without one since the early 90s in my FLEET of Buicks/TTAs.. I change my oil regularly and the car doesn't run hot (160/170) so it isn't "heating" up the oil ..:cool: some like it some don't.. :eek:

I'm with Grumpy. Never had a problem running no oil cooler after I switched radiators. You should be running a PTE oil system in place of the oil cooler that way fresh oil is getting to the turbo at all times. If you have a 160 thermostat, the whole motor runs cooler, thus your oil is cooler.