VSS problems

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys i just replaced my transmission a couple weeks ago and my speedo is not working and im not sure why. When i dropped the trans all i did was pop vss bullet out of the rear of the trans and left it hanging. So i feel like it should work now. I tried looking inside the hole the VSS bullet goes into and couldn't really see what was suppose to be turning the sensor. Does anybody have any pictures or when places build transmission for this car do they leave out something i was suppose to put in for that? Thanks

Ok i was looking on ebay, and found a picture of the Transmission Speedometer Gear, looks like white plastic gear. Anyways i dont have or see this anywhere. Does this piece get put in before the pan goes on or does it just pop in the side of the transmission with the bullet thing? Thanks

First off I assume you are talking about a 200-4R correct? If it is the trans won't shift without it because the gear is on the governor. If we're talking a TH350 or TH400 then it is possible they left the gear off of the tail shaft.

Yes that the trans im talking about, it does shift without the speedo gear in the trans. Because i just checked and its not in there, and the car is shifting for sure.

Yes that the trans im talking about, it does shift without the speedo gear in the trans. Because i just checked and its not in there, and the car is shifting for sure.

So you are missing the DRIVEN gear. Look on the floor around where the trans was installed at or look in the back of the old trans and you'll likely find it. If not, they are available on here, there's different colors for different teeth counts. I "think" (memory is foggy) that the correct gear is blue and has 30 teeth, assuming a stock GN and that it has the orange drive gear in the new trans that you got.

The GN is stock, but has a 145mph speedo. Would that matter on this driven gear? Yeash i think what happened was a left it in the trans when i sent it off to be rebuilt and it didnt come back with it. Thanks