VP Race Fuel C-12

black84

How much boost can I go up with c-12 and can my stock 233 fuel pressure regulator handle it? I'm thinking of going to the track and baselining my 87' gn. Any thoughts of what my times will be with a stock setup. Thanks any help appreciated.

How stock is your setup? If you haven't upgraded your fuel pump I wouldn't want you to turn up the boost. Stock turbo won't be any good after about 22psi and C12 should get ya there as long as your chip isn't running a lot of timing. Good Luck!

Originally posted by black84
How much boost can I go up with c-12 and can my stock 233 fuel pressure regulator handle it? I'm thinking of going to the track and baselining my 87' gn. Any thoughts of what my times will be with a stock setup. Thanks any help appreciated.

Enough to blow the headgaskets.

Baselining means finding out what the car will repeatedly run with a completely stock tune. Then you can start making changes to see if you're going faster or slower. Going fast, is all about going in steps, and knowing where you've been, and noting trends, ie keeping a log book. Lots of folks just chase around, playing games, rather then even trying to actually go fast.

Ok, with that said how much boost can I go up with 91 octane. Of course this will be done after I baseline the stock setup and I log it down in my book. I don't want to blow anything up. Thanks for the replys guys.

Bisir, I don't have a chip and the only thing I have done to the car is a walboro 340 hot wired. I was just asking because I want to be able to play with the boost on Friday when I go out to the track. One other thing do you think the stock fuel pressure regulator will be ok to run on friday if I decide to go more than stock boost.

If you havent done anything to the car,how can you turn the boost up??Factory is non adj WG.Maybe the car isnt bone stock??

What gauge's do you have??Any scan tools??

I would be leery of turning up the boost without a scan tool. Also, turning up the boost may require more fuel hence the need for an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. If you really have to go to the track, I would run 14# of boost without a scan tool or AFPR. If it were me, I would wait until I had a Scanmaster and AFPR.

Broke 1, sorry I was thinking of making an adjustable wastegate and the only gauges I have is a VDO boost gauge which I installed about 4 months ago. XLR8 that was the answer I was waiting to hear, I just want to play it safe and if 14 lbs. of boost is safe than i'll stay there. I'm assuming that 14 lbs. is on 91 octane correct?

Didn't even think to ask if you had a scantool, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, or an adjusable wastegate. If you don't have the scantool and AFPR its silly to run more than stock boost.

It hasn't been done yet but here is the link www.gnttype.org

Read and read some more. :)

14# of bosst was stock (at least on my car) so it "should" be safe on pump premium.