voltage reading

captndave737

I have an XFI sportsman and the voltage reads 1/2v lower than my volt meter. Where does the Sportsman read the voltage from?

Same as stock ECM. These cars are notorious for volatge drop in the dash harness. The true reading is alternator /battery direct. Ecm gets it from the ignition switch across the dash harness.

Same as stock ECM. These cars are notorious for volatge drop in the dash harness. The true reading is alternator /battery direct. Ecm gets it from the ignition switch across the dash harness.
So correct me if I'm looking at this wrong. I see coming from the fuseable link, into C100, to the ignition switch C1, out of the ignition switch T1 into splice 826 from there into the ECM IGN fuse and out to terminal A6 of the ECM connector. I'm guessing I'm getting voltage drop through the 32 year old ignition switch as well C100 and probably the fuse panel!

So correct me if I'm looking at this wrong. I see coming from the fuseable link, into C100, to the ignition switch C1, out of the ignition switch T1 into splice 826 from there into the ECM IGN fuse and out to terminal A6 of the ECM connector. I'm guessing I'm getting voltage drop through the 32 year old ignition switch as well C100 and probably the fuse panel!
YUP, you can measure voltage drop if you really want to know.