Volt booster

Get on a dark road at night, build at least 10-11 lbs of boost (or go WOT) and watch to see if your headlights get noticeably brighter.

I'm running one as insurance...picked it up used for $10...it puts the fuel pump and injectors in an adrenalin rush mode at WOT and keps you fporm leaning out and doing bad things to your motor.

...it puts the fuel pump and injectors in an adrenalin rush mode at WOT

Can also cause a 'heart attack' for other electrical components..... "studies have shown, side effects can occur"... not sure if your 'insurance' covers that? :wink: just sayin'.... :smile:

I'm with Rick on this one. The only thing that has been proven to work over the last couple decades is that they WILL cause problems. May be soon, may be years down the road, but they will cause issues in the electrical system. Usually manifesting themselves in the alternator.

Get on a dark road at night, build at least 10-11 lbs of boost (or go WOT) and watch to see if your headlights get noticeably brighter.

I'm running one as insurance...picked it up used for $10...it puts the fuel pump and injectors in an adrenalin rush mode at WOT and keps you fporm leaning out and doing bad things to your motor.

I never used a volt booster, but I thought thats what the fuel pump hot wire kit was for, to pump more fuel to the injectors at WOT if needed with the extra volts from the hot-wire kit.

Watching the volt readout on my ScanMaster, in normal mode I'm consistantly pushing about 13.8V out of my stock alternator.
When the volt booster kicks in, it'll go up to about 14.3.....only 1/2 volt.

Does it create problems with the stock alternator, or with the high amp aftermarket ones.....or both?

I'll not debate the merits of demerits of using a Volt Booster...Just suffice it to say my car came with one, & I've been using it without any prob'm for 4 yrs, activates at 2.0 TPS voltage minimum (regardless of boost),,, I've since added a Hotwire kit, but have kept it tho for ign coil/spark enhancement also.

I've also since added non-progressive alky--so the voltage "surge" (about 1.5V for me) does not interfere with the typical ramping of alky pump speed--as with progressive kits...

Has anyone one used a volt booster with a progressive alky kit? Why aren't you suppose to use with a alky kit?

I'll not debate the merits of demerits of using a Volt Booster...Just suffice it to say my car came with one, & I've been using it without any prob'm for 4 yrs, activates at 2.0 TPS voltage minimum (regardless of boost),,, I've since added a Hotwire kit, but have kept it tho for ign coil/spark enhancement also.

I've also since added non-progressive alky--so the voltage "surge" (about 1.5V for me) does not interfere with the typical ramping of alky pump speed--as with progressive kits...

Mine is vacuum/boost actuated.
It pipes into the vacum line that goes over to the cruise control actuator, and then is wired to the brown wired terminal on the back of the alt. Around 10 lbs of boost, it kicks on and the lights get a little brighter.

Has anyone one used a volt booster with a progressive alky kit? Why aren't you suppose to use with a alky kit?

alters pump voltage, which alters pump speed, which alters alky flow rate, which alters tune.... another un-necessary variable to add to the equation... not to mention, Razor said so... :)