Vinyl Roof Trim Clips NEEDED!!

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
Need vinyl Roof molding clips for an 83 Limited..
found the Part #'s thanks to Eric Fisher (hope I spelled it right)

#2027497 -think this is the right number, many variations of this clip-14 needed (lower vinyl trim under 1/4 glass)

#12337869 -6 needed (top)
#20218853 -6 needed (ses)

If anyone else has run into this, which there has to have been, let me know where you got them from, I can't believe GBodyparts.om or kirbans doesnt have this stuff, looking through old posts GM had this stuff available yet back in 2003....

I've checked online clip distributors, and these seem to be kinda hard to find. found one style, but not the other. Found some GM disconmtinued parts site, and it would cost like $40 for 12 plastic clips to my door...if I have to I'll do that, but looking for a better way.

THANK YOU TURBOBUICK!!

Need vinyl Roof molding clips for an 83 Limited..
found the Part #'s thanks to Eric Fisher (hope I spelled it right)

#2027497 -think this is the right number, many variations of this clip-14 needed (lower vinyl trim under 1/4 glass)

#12337869 -6 needed (top)
#20218853 -6 needed (ses)

If anyone else has run into this, which there has to have been, let me know where you got them from, I can't believe GBodyparts.om or kirbans doesnt have this stuff, looking through old posts GM had this stuff available yet back in 2003....

I've checked online clip distributors, and these seem to be kinda hard to find. found one style, but not the other. Found some GM disconmtinued parts site, and it would cost like $40 for 12 plastic clips to my door...if I have to I'll do that, but looking for a better way.

THANK YOU TURBOBUICK!!

Jason
20315425 lower vinyl roof trim 14 nos in stock
20215548 81-87 Vinyl roof side trim 1 nos in stock
12337869 Vinyl roof top 1 NOS in stock

I feel your pain Jason. Now before you slam me on not carrying these,:eek: we tried. $40.00 for 12 plastic clips is a steal. Gm prices are at least $3.00 each some of these I paid $8.00 + for with my discount.

Then we tried to contact companies Like Auveco to reman them. They will not. There is alot we do to re-invest back into our company. The date on this package is 1/25/2010.
We tried Jason but there has to be a large demand for these parts in order to get them remanufactured.

I have a bunch of these used. I knew how hard it was to find them. Upon disassembling cars we would sacrifice some to save others.

Jason
20315425 lower vinyl roof trim 14 nos in stock
20215548 81-87 Vinyl roof side trim 1 nos in stock
12337869 Vinyl roof top 1 NOS in stock

I feel your pain Jason. Now before you slam me on not carrying these, we tried. $40.00 for 12 plastic clips is a steal. Gm prices are at least $3.00 each some of these I paid $8.00 + for with my discount.

Then we tried to contact companies Like Auveco to reman them. They will not. There is alot we do to re-invest back into our company. The date on this package is 1/25/2010.
We tried Jason but there has to be a large demand for these parts in order to get them remanufactured.

I have a bunch of these used. I knew how hard it was to find them. Upon disassembling cars we would sacrifice some to save others

I'd never slam ya Brian..:biggrin: I was just surprised because I was on the site yesterday placing my most recent order, Jenni helped me out w/ the info for the plastic windshield molding. I searched and searched, and didn't see anything, although you guys have so much other rare NOS stuff..

I guess I'm gonna try the place I found online, and see if it pans out, if it does, I'll pass on the info...Wouldn't be the first time a place said they had somthing, then when it comes time to order, they don't.....

Thanks for the info!

I knew you would never slam me. I knew you placed the order yesterday. Why did you think you got such a good price on the trim plastic for the windshield molding?:D
Let me know what you find out. I think the #'s you had were old #'s. The ones I have are still attached to the bags & I wrote Regal on them. I have some Olds clips as well but they look a little different.

Brian, after reading the fine print, it says if GM has discontinued this item will will not be able to get it...go figure..

Other site I found GM 12337869 CLIP, RF PNL CVR MLDG available here has the top molding clips, so it says, I didn't go all the way through w/ the order, actually showed a diagram of the car w/ a pic, pretty nice.

I don't mind used, I just didnt think there would be any un-broken used ones.

Send me a quote on the Top Molding clips, and the side roof molding clips, I believe there are 6 of each on the car (I'm sure you know exactly)

I can get the lower roof trim clips from a couple different places, so I'm not worried about those.

Thanks man, always appreciate your time!

Jason I have some bins with the used clips. We swapped a new vinyl top out a little while back & I had used quite a few up. In order to get good clips we sacrifice one side so we can slide the other off with out breaking the clips. I have a couple vinyl roof cars & I'll get you the clips you need.

Jason - Do you have everything you need?

Kinda looks like Brian came to the rescue as usual - if so great! But if you still are short I have a 84 vinyl roof parts car in storage. I might be able to get clips off without damage if you still need them.

LMK,
Bob

I think I should be able to get what I need between Brian and a local guy I found. Thanks anyways!