Videos of my runs at Cecil 5/7

tpivette89

My wife uploaded the videos of my bone stock Regal GS passes at Cecil County Dragway this past saturday.

My 14.54 run:
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMm3tec-MOY

My 14.87 run:
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYxrjCofbQk

hmmm... for some reason the third video didn't load. Have to fix the link maybe or repost it. I'll put it up later.

The new goal is to keep the car 100% stock but run in much cooler air (negative DA), with a set of drag radials and see if I can crack 13.99 with a totally stock car. That would be sweet

Was that on drag radials with a good burn out? Seemed like a pretty soft launch. Drag radials & pull the abs fuse= better launch. Should gain about 1/2 second.

No drag radials. Just a set of regular goodyears. 60ft was in the low 2.2 range.

I tried to do a burnout by using the ebrake and spinning the fronts, but the car would easily overpower the brakes and pull forward. So the only thing I could really do was just mash the gas to do a quick spin and clean the tires off.

The plan is to go back down when the weather is cooler and run in some better air. I'll be using some drag radials then for sure. Hope for some 2.0 - 1.9 60fts

I know your GS is at stock power levels, but stock 4T65-HD's do not typically have real long lifespans with sticky tires. just something to think about.

on the same note, you don't need DR's to get a 1.9 60'. i got a 1.86 60' on 225 street tires in my GTP. it was a well-prepped track, but 1.9's are definitely doable on street radials.

around 300 passes in the 13's on DR's in my stock tranny/ 215,000 mile car , pb for that car is 13.1@109.

My gtp that went 12.2 @118 had a built trans

12's is where the hard parts tend to break , input shaft & drive chain in particular

the real factor for breaking or not breaking is likely 60 foot though (traction) I only race on street nights and DR's , cable mod ,spring blockers all in combination its still a son of a gun to get into the 1.9's if your making any power - only done it 3 or 4 times , consistent 2.0/2.1's though and I know guys that race on the weekends and hook a lot better than they can on a street night

in my GTP, i consistently managed low 1.9 60's on my 225 street tires, which was why i shyed away from DR's, i didn't wanna blow 3k+ on a FWD tranny lol.

is that just a terribly prepped track?

two 1/4 mile tracks within 2 hours of me, 1 is Nat'l trails in Hebron, OH (same place as BPG nats) and i could get 1.9's on radials 7/10 times on friday nite T/T. the other is a crap track but its alot closer to my house and 1.9's were much rarer, but not impossible.

i dont think i have any timeslips anymore, sold the car 3 years ago but i'll look for em. by GN standards, my car wasn't very fast, ( pb was 13.6x@99.xx IIRC) but man, that torque-on-tap was a blast!! albeit useless, but a ton of fun :) kinda miss that car.

I don't wanna steal ur thread but maybe u or murph can answer it. What's the purpose of pulling the TC fuse? If u can launch with TC off via pushing the bottom and not spin then y bother pulling fuse? Also, does my Gtp have it

Maybe under a launch even tho ur not spinning it's pulling timing?

it can still pull power with only hitting the button , pulling the fuse disables tc completely since the pcm has no idea if its spinning or not with the fues pulled

much easier on the trans without the loading/unloading of the drivetrain tc causes