Video: 9/11 Memorial Cruise '03

TorchTA

Download

Hey fellas.

Yeah, I know it's all stangs and f-bodies (and one vette)
but I figured thatd be the perfect reason to put this up and see if any of you mid-atlantic guys wanted to join up in '04.

Be nice to see a few of our aerodynamically challenged brethren from time to time.

Peace

-JT

Edit: The video might be good to add.

p.s. I'm the only thirdgen. :)

Where ?? When ??? How much Boost to run,,oh you said Mustangs and F bodies,,15lbs:p

It's not a race. :)
It's more a trib---bah. Just watch the video. You'll get the idea.

This is one time the hammer would get dropped on whoever did something stupid/disrespectful...

-JT

Darn,,I didnt notice the date....I thought it was for this yr...please let us know if this happens again

I am. Right now.

It's an annual thing bro....every 9/11.

This year (04) will be the third.

Thats why I posted it here...see if the darkside felt like coming out. :D

I figure this way you will all have 8 and 3/4 months to plan/prepare and everything else. :)

Can something be stickied that long?

-JT

If we forget, they win.

Damn,

I wish I had known about that. I was in the Washington area last 9/11 and had the Buick with me. I would have definately participated in that.

I may have to look at my schedule for this year upcoming and see if I'll be in the states. Perhaps contact a few Buick owners in the area.

Very good video... thanks for sharing.

I just emailed them to find out who was welcome to participate. I would have like to have done this or something like this last 9/11. I even saw a few f-body owners in that video that I know.

Thanks again for the link.

The more the merrier. :)

I'll try to keep updating y'all as I get em...or you could just go lurk at the Hideout and occasionally pop in and check the Eastern Gatherings section. Thats where it usually is posted as the time comes.

Either way, you guys will have ample time to plan to show. :)

Take care

-JT

As far as who's welcome---if it's domestic, bring it. :)
One of our Fbody guys went Mustang over the summer...so, he brought a bunch of his new friends.

I just got a response to my email regarding this cruise. The gentlemen who replied sounded very enthusiastic and encouraged all domestic makes.

So if anyone in the DC area is interested, I think this would be a great event. I will try to participate in this years cruise if I'm in the states.

Hi Chris, thank you on the video....there's not much I could have done with this video as it was a cruising video. I'm use to working with video that is intense. ;-)

At any rate, I'm very pleased to get some great feedback on this video such as your's.

I really should have cleared up much of the grey area on the cruise. Yes, the cruise is open to all Domestic vehicles. The first year we had it as only F-Bods and Corvettes...then we realized....why should we only have it open to F-Bods and Vettes. This past year we opened it up to Mustangs as well and boy did they come storming in. They were a great bunch of men and women and they made the cruise better than our first. We had talked about this further after the cruise and decided we have now opened it up to all Domestic vehicles....so please do join up on the cruise this coming year. Pass on the word that it is open to all Domestic vehicles and I can guarantee that this coming year's cruise will definitely be one to remember!

Thanks again Chris for your email and it's well appreciated.
"Gonzo"
www.F-BodyHideout.com
www.ProjectSpeedy.com

-----Original Message-----

Hello,

The video of your 9-11 cruise was passed along to me by a member on the Grand National/T-Type board. I was very impressed by the job you did with this. Last Sept. 11, I was in the DC area and would have liked to take part in this.

I would like to know if this event is open to only f-body owners, or would g-body cars be welcome?? I would have been glad to participate with your club and pay a meaningful and visible tribute on this day.

Thanks for your response,

Chris Wren
1985 Buick Grand National
Support Education

What do I have to do if I am interested in going? Any more info? Is there a charity they donate too as well?

Originally posted by Mr. Tee
What do I have to do if I am interested in going? Any more info? Is there a charity they donate too as well?

I would the people at the websites I listed above. The gentlemen I emailed was very quick to respond. This sounds like to clubs collaborating.

I just found out that I will be in the DC area for 9-11 of this year. So I'll probably look more into this as plans become more clear. When I find more information, I will post it here.

www.F-BodyHideout.com
www.ProjectSpeedy.com