Motorgen Meet and Moonlight Cruise October 11 (formerly McDonald's meet)

Looking forward to seeing everybody & their cars. I must have hexed this show / cruise for the turbo brick clan, as the 1st one that I go to, they quit going.

Looking forward to seeing everybody & their cars. I must have hexed this show / cruise for the turbo brick clan, as the 1st one that I go to, they quit going.

LOL, I wouldn't take it personally Gary. I'll look for you tonight - it'll be nice to finally meet you in person.

Look for an toothless old man, overweight, white hair, probably a limp, with a pretty nice turbo Buick. I'll probably be there about 6:30 or so to beat the "cinderella" effect of the turbo brick turning into a pumpkin. I can't make the cruise but it will be nice to meet you in person.

Look for an toothless old man, overweight, white hair, probably a limp, with a pretty nice turbo Buick. I'll probably be there about 6:30 or so to beat the "cinderella" effect of the turbo brick turning into a pumpkin. I can't make the cruise but it will be nice to meet you in person.

I should be there around 7:15 or 7:30 and I think the bulk of the people will roll up around 8. I'll definitely look for you Gary.

Well I just walked in the door from the meet and cruise and I have to say I had a blast :) I want to thank everyone for coming out. The turnout was great - I think we had at least 75 cars. It was also cool to see all the different makes, models etc. Everyone is welcome back next month (November 8th). For those of you that went on the cruise, thanks for making a long trip. I know we had some detours, but overall it was great. I think we had at least 20 cars go on the cruise - way more than I was expecting. Sixteen of us made it to Denny's. I think we all deserve some kind of medal for finishing. For posterity, here is a list of the people that made it:

Ryan 04 VW Golf
Lee 99 Pontiac Firebird
Paul 73 Red Camaro
Alex 04 Ford Mustang
Sean 04 Ford Mustang Cobra
Jake 04 Pontiac GTO
Ben 82 Corvette
Glenn 64 Corvette
Adam 03 Mach 1
Matt 95 Firebird Formula Black
Chris 02 35th Anniv. Camaro(Red)
George 02 35th Anniv. Camaro Pewter
Johnny 01 Camaro SS Black
Alex 97 Camaro Z28 LT1
Marcos 99 Viper GTS
Jerry 03 Chevy Impala Turbo

We all filled out a napkin when we got to Denny's, I'll take a picture and post it up when I get up in the morning. As I mentioned, the next meet is November 8th and I think I'm either leaving it at Sonic's or moving it to the In-N-Out in Fullerton. I will post threads up to let everyone know in a week or so. Thanks again everyone for coming!! I had a blast and I'm really looking forward to next month. Look for a new thread soon :)

Gary, it was a real pleasure to meet you - thanks again for coming out. I will see you again soon I hope :biggrin:

Sean:
Was great to meet you too, finally. Always good to put a person to a name / user name. Thanks for the invite, I had a great time, and hopefully, I will can / will make the next one. Sonic burger was a great place to meet up, plenty of room and no hassles.

Moon light cruise with Gary Wells, It has to get better that before I would learn to like it.Till then I think I'll just stick with my recreational sheep lol

Here is a link to the first batch of photos. Some of them are a little dark, sorry about that :( I want to thank everyone for coming out - it was awesome to have such a diverse group of cars and I hope you all had a good time. I had a blast and it was nice meeting everyone. The next event is going to be on November 8th, and I will post new threads in about week. People seem to be happy at Sonics, so I'm going to leave it there. Also, if any of you are going to be out at the track on the 1st or 2nd at California Speedway we'll be out taping at least one day and will probably have a mini BBQ - let me know. We also have video from the meet and that should be up either later tonight or tomorrow. If any of you want to register on the board and post events up on our site, that would be great. We'll continue to be running all kinds of stuff (including an offroad cruise on the morning of November 8th if anyone wants to go) and we're trying to build as much of a local user base as we can. Thanks again to everyone - I can't wait for the next one.

Sean