vibration in rear at 55mph and up

driven87

Ok guys i have had this vibration in the car for a long time and have chased it with no luck. Here is the deal at 55mph and up the vibration starts and around 70mph it is quite bad coming from the rear end. The vibration seems worse if im on the gas pedal lightly, if i push the pedal a little more it gets a little better but still worse. If i let off the gas it gets a little better as well. I have new done new tires, new u-joints, pinion is set at -3 with all new bushings and control arms, tried different rims, trans mount is new. I'm leaning towards the only thing i have never done is gotten the stock driveshaft balanced to see how it is. Any suggestions on what else this could be i have tried about everything and im sure im forgetting to list some of the stuff i have tried. Thanks

ill take a look at the pinion nut and also see if there is any play in the yoke as well while i am there.

it varies on how much load i put on it over 65mph. if i goose it a little it goes away, if im light on the throttle it seems worse. Once it gets bad if i let off it gets a little better.

Change your pinion angle to -2°. When you goose it, the driveline is straightening out. That may (no guarantees) indicate that your car does not like alot of pinion angle.

Your description suggests driveshaft balance problem as previously mentioned, but check u joint fit in rear yoke first...if u joint not centered in yoke or if you failed to install c clip on cap ,u joint will not stay centered in yoke and cause this problem

The odd thing is though that if i make a full pass there is no time in that pass that the car is shaking. its only when im easy on the gas at a high MPH. Guess i will see about having the driveshaft checked and then maybe try pinion angle after that.

there is a bushing in the in the tranny that the driveshaft yoke rides on that is known to go bad and cause vibration. Do a search on it over in the tranny section... this could be your problem...

Nate

Last time I had a problem like this... I stopped eating the wifes Taco Soup...and the vibration in my rear stopped after a day or two.:redface:

Last time I had a problem like this... I stopped eating the wifes Taco Soup...and the vibration in my rear stopped after a day or two.:redface:

^ LMFAO

I'm having the same problem, however i havent had time to check it out. i think its either tires or ds

I had a similar vibration even after quitting the taco/queso soup;). Turned out to be a bad pinion bearing.

Ok had the driveshaft balanced at what was a good shop locally. took the car for a ride and still had the vibration in the rear. I must say though it seems like its doing it at a lower mph now and it def. is the worse when im just barely touching the gas pedal, give it a little more pressure on the pedal and its not nearly as bad. Now im at a loss as to what it causing it as it seems its driveline related. May have to have the rims checked out but i can't see them doing this.