VHT wheelwell spray setup?

WakkoSS

The 60's Camaros were available with a traction spray built directly into the rear wheelwells. I was wondering if anyone duplicated this setup for VHT Traction compound. Should be pretty easy...use a washer pump set and a pair of windshield nozzles.

I'm sure SOMEONE did this before...responses?

They were spray cans mounted upside down and sprayed through the fenderwells of the 67-69 (unsure of exact year) Camaros. The spray was for traction in snow/ice conditions.

I've also never heard of that, but would be a good idea.:D and before turbo regals I was a camaro nut and subscribed to Super Chevy for years and never read anything on it. Not saying it didn't happen, I just never heard of it;)

Did it with a 92 LX 5.0.. Took a spare windshield washer pump, spare washer fluid bottle and a couple of small rubber lines. Cut a couple of holes in the wheelwell, mounted everything and wired it to a switch up front.. Anytime it was needed, just hit the switch..
Never put VHT in it, just water to aid in burnouts on the street.

:)

add a little prestone to the water for freezing and also BIG smoke in burn out contests i couldn't believe the diference... between water and antifreeze mix... looks like your tires are on fire!

http://www.camaros.org/geninfo.shtml#RareOptions

V75 Liquid Tire "Chain" - An option on '69 Camaros that provided a dispenser with nozzles located in the rear tire wheel wells that would spray a special traction-enhancing liquid on the rear tires to help traction on snow and ice. Quite rare.

What kind of nozzles did you use in the wheelwell? Did it spray over the entire tire?

the problem with using VHT in a setup like that is that VHT trackbite is a coagulant (spl?). it will gum up, and pretty much clog everything you got. you are better off putting water in something like that, and just putting the bite on the ground.

Originally posted by WakkoSS
http://www.camaros.org/geninfo.shtml#RareOptions

V75 Liquid Tire "Chain" - An option on '69 Camaros that provided a dispenser with nozzles located in the rear tire wheel wells that would spray a special traction-enhancing liquid on the rear tires to help traction on snow and ice. Quite rare.

Only a few....meaning 2 or 3 must have came with that option. And I thought the COPO camaros were rare!:D See you proved me wrong.;)