Veteran gets beat-up for spray-painting kid's Mitsubishi Evolution...

its2qik

Pictures of car can be seen here - Retired navy guy spray painted my evo (caught during the act) pics & vids

Video here - Racist Navy Vet commits hate crime and gets caught - YouTube

or Video here - Racist Navy Vet commits hate crime and gets caught on Vimeo

Lots of commentary in the xceedspeed thread... Some say the vet got what he deserved. Others say the kid overreacted to the situation. What do you think?

ps. sorry if someone already posted about this. I looked around and didn't see anything, but I could have missed it.

Yes he definitely overreacted to the incident, bottom line is cars can be fixed and replaced, a human life cannot, lets say this kid did kill this veteran over spray painting his stupid EVO ricer, then he would have been charged with murder and possibly looking at spending the rest of his life in Jail, in my humble opinion is not worth it, I would have hold him off, write down his license plates in case he left, get his insurance and then SUE the **** out of him and insurance company, enough said..

I have the utmost respect for our veterans, however, that guy deserved what he got IMO. I was taught from a very young age you should NEVER mess with or intentionally destroy somebody else's property and in this guy's case he just got the same lesson, but his came from the School of the Hard Knocks!

Spray painted his car, made racial comments, then spit on him.....I don't condone violence too often, but this guy was begging for it.

it was a chicken **** move... kind of like the guy that was keying the hummer over and over. when they caught him
he said he did it because it was a gas hog car and was destroying the enviroment.

This kid is lucky he doesn't have charges brought against him for assult. his life was not endangered nor was he threatened.

if this were a black person defacing a rebel flag everyone would be on his side....maybe this guy has a deep seeded
reason of hatred towards japanese.
my grandfather was a pearl harbor survivor and would often stop people in parking lots and let them know there
mitsubishi cars were from the same company that supplied the engines in the planes that bombed pearl harbor.

kind of like a jew driving a volkswagen.

You better believe if someone had done this to my Buick, I would have reacted the same. Messing with a man's car? That's way too damn far. And besides, you know all that being a teenager, you are more likely to fight. Its the hormones..

You better believe if someone had done this to my Buick, I would have reacted the same. Messing with a man's car? That's way too damn far. And besides, you know all that being a teenager, you are more likely to fight. Its the hormones..

Let me rephrase. In the heat of the moment, I am sure I would have done the same as that kid. Us teenagers do not have the sense to let it go so lightly. Its just the hormones. It is proven that a teenager does not have the same decision making power as an adult.

P.S.... I wish the edit function was still there..

Nix

at my current age i would have just boxed him in and called the cops and called my cousin SUE.

at the age of 25 or younger i would have turned off the camera and HMMM who knows what would have happened.

WTF does this guy's veteran status have to do with anything? It means at one point in his life he served his country. Judging by his appearance, he no longer does.

I dont care if it was a ricer that was that guys pride and joy...Misguided or not he feels the same way about his car that any of us feels about our buicks....As much as i hate foreign cars trash talking him makes you no better than everyday A to B gas and drive non car people that think we are stupid for investing the $ we do in hotrodding racing etc..... That idiot deserved everything he got...He could have easily went to a junkyard and took out his aggression instead of ruining a fellow americans day.....

WTF does this guy's veteran status have to do with anything? It means at one point in his life he served his country. Judging by his appearance, he no longer does.

Agreed.

As a veteran myself, I find it quite annoying when the "veteran" label is placed on people in certain situations (like this guy), as if to justify his actions because he is a veteran. He could very well be the pizza delivery guy, why not label him as such. If he really is a veteran then he should know better than to act like a total idiot.

In the eyes of the law, the kid is probably in the wrong for whooping that dudes azz...but I would've done the same thing had it happened to me.

Guy got what was coming to him. At my age I would hope to have shown restraint but I am not so sure I would have. Think about the instant rage that would come over you. Veteran or not, I don't care, that status does not give you any special rights to do what you want without repercussion.

Bryan

In my eyes the kid did nothing wrong. America is now a soft country. Too soft! If people were allowed just whoop someone's @$$ for crimes like this then it wouldn't happen as much. Some say I am a little demented though. I think crimes should have harsher punishments. Rape/molestation=slow and very painful death. Theft should end with hand removal. Vandals should become servants to who's propery they vandalize for one year minimum. People who commit murder should be dispatched in the same manner they used on their victim. I could go on and on but that would probably make me look more demented.