Very Sad News:please Read.........

Eric was always a pleasure to deal with and was one of very few people in our industry who really understood and respected the principles of operation of the mechanical things we create and modify on a daily basis.My sympathies go out to the family .Although I didnt know them on a personal level I can understand the pain this loss brings to them.We can only hope for an outpouring of comfort that only God can bring them.

He'll Be Missed

I was completely shocked to hear this, Eric was one of the nicest guys I'd ever met, and a wizard with an auto trans. Here's a shot of him working on my 200-4R––Dynotech was a huge part in taking my T from a 12.3 car to a 10.4 car.

He will be sorely missed in this community, and our thoughts go out to his family.

GMHTP

Attachments

• Eric-S.-Web.jpg
    Eric-S.-Web.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,221
Here are the only two pictures I have of Eric...These were taken if the small street in Manville, NJ where Dynotech was before he moved it to Long Island NY...
The first pic is of Eric and me and the second is of Eric, me, and Jim Madison who worked for him...

Claude:redface:

P.S: My GN will take on an even more "special" meaning for me from now on...There are several parts on it that came right off Eric's car (mainly the cylinder heads, K&N air filter, intake manifold, etc...)

Eric worked on a couple of my trannies and they turned out great.
None of that matters.
What does matter was that he was a great guy, and when you talked to him, it didn't matter if he was working on his car, or busy with something else, he took the time to listen, and give his advice. It wasn't just a business to him. He loved what he was doing and loved helping people. I didn't know him well, but it was enough to know how much he will be missed by all, and I feel very fortunate to have met him.

I have lost a great friend and I am heartbroken

Liz,

I am truly sorry for your loss and this is not the place to tell you. but if you read this please give me a call when you are ready

I was away for the last couple of days on business and Alissa (Eric's Sister) called and left the info and I am extremely sad that I wasn't at the service

I have never posted to this board and I rarely post to any boards....but I feel compelled to right now

I have lost a dear friend and I am devestated and heartbroken. Words will not properly explain the relationship that I have had with eric over the last 20 years. I am not ashamed to tell you that I have cried all day and I sit here crying in front of the computer right now

We were doing this stuff 20 years ago right out of high school. We have spent countless hours on the phone and in my shop developing products together.

There are less than a hadfull of customers that have my cell phone and he was one of them. That is becuase it went way beyond a business and I considered him a friend.

This business and this world has lost a great friend .....way tooo early

If there is anything you need please let me know

Love Joe@ProTorque

OMG... I just heard last night. I am very sorry to hear of this.
My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

Brian Hofer

I knew Eric through my good friend Dan Goldstein and he was a super super nice guy. I remember taking the drive up to Mannville with another friend and removing the trans from the GN while it was still hot and going through it while we watched. I was in pure amazement. I had him build a trans for my GN which led me to have my father talk to him when he needed his rebuilt. Eric spent the time talking to my father advising him of what he recommended should be changed and what he should hold off on. Eric took the extra care with my father's car and I cant tell you how please he was. We were both very upset to hear of his passing. God bless Eric's family and close friends and God bless Eric. He was a great guy and will be sorely missed.

Eric built both trannies in my old car and was a pleasure to deal with. The 200 started to flare after a few months, he said send it back and he'll check it out. A week later the tranny showed up rebuilt. Put it back in, dyno'd the car and decided I wanted a TH400. Called him back and he took the 200 back, hooked me up with a Protorque converter and sent me a built TH400. Really bent over backwards for me. The performance world lost a true gem. Eric will be missed.

Eric was an awesome guy...not only could he fine tune these Buicks but was so nice to talk to and get information.
I pray that GOD gives his beautiful family the strength needed in these difficult moments.

GOD bless you,

Jorge Perrony

Liz, our heartfelt prayers go out to you

Eric was a great guy. I have been friends with him for over 8 years. What a horrific loss to our community. At only 39 to boot. Liz, I would like to do something for the family. I remember how proud he was when the first newborn little guy was born. What can we do to help? I would like to know when the funeral/services are so I can fly out for it. Could you please provide details and where to send condolences.

I am speechless and very sad tonight. Please lets support the Schertz's as well as possible.
Liz, I don't know how to convey how much I liked and enjoyed Eric. We were close and confided in each other many times.
Please keep us up to date.

Love and prayers to the Schertz family.

Bruce, Cindy, and Kendra Toelle
We4
916-952-9567

I am shocked and deeply sorrowed! :(
Liz, I pray the Lord sends angels to comfort and place a hedge of protection and around your Family during this hard time.
Eric was one of the nicest people I have ever met, always had time and would help above and beyond in anyway he could.
He will be truly missed.
Your are in my familys thoughts and prayers

I Never Got The Chance To Meet You Brother,but I Will Say That You Took So Much Of Youre Time Talking To Me Over The Phone,that At Many Times Over That 45 Min Conversation, I Had Tried To End The Conversation So You Could Go Back To Work!! But You Truly Cared And Knew Your Craft! God Bless You And Youre Family! Rest In Peace Brother!!

ive never had the oppertunity to have work done by him, but i was going to have him build my tranny from all the goods things people have to say about Eric. It sucks that bad things have to happen to great people and thier family and friends.

my best wishes go to Eric's family and friends. Rest in Peace Eric.

Very sad to hear. I did not know him personally but I have heard nothing but great things about him and his work. My prayers go out to his family and friends. From what I have read on this site, I regret that I did not know him.

This is a terrible loss

:( Eric and the guys at DYNOTECH were great to me the day i came up and had them check out my whole car all day getting it right , GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE , with helping me get things done and picking erics brain on any questions i had , i am HONORED TO HAVE KNOWN THE MAN AND THE OTHER GUYS who went over my car with a fine tooth comb . I am glad i had the chance to buy him and the guys lunch that day , and then take a ride in my car with eric teaching me on how to tune it for max performance , i will never forget that day as long as i live . STILL YOUR VALUED CUSTOMER GIRO CARDELL . GOD BLESS HIS WIFE AND TWO SONS AMEN .

My thoughts and prayers go out to Eric, his family and friends- he did a awesome job on my trans and was a Super Guy- he will be missed immensely.