Very first time at the dragway 1/8

xspetsnazx

Finally made it to the track to see what my TTA runs. I had stock worn tires and no work to the suspension. I wasn't too happy with the results. First run was horrible 9.203 @81.2 MPH with 2.214 60 foot time. Tires spun whole way though the 1/8 didn't grip at all and I didn't even spool it, just floored the gas pedal on green. Second run was a little better on the 1/8th 8.722 @85.0MPH but worse on 60FT 2.325 still spun half way down the track. On third time I released some tire pressure ( by counting to 20 on each side, rear) and had a little better burn out, still by just flooring it, time improved a little more 8.593 @85.7MPH & 2.306 for the 60FT. I just wanted to see where I'm at so far since I've never been to the track before. Car is out of tune and I know I need better tires so they can stick because it had no traction, the water from water box didn't help neither. I don't know why the 60FT was so bad tho.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1381684282244.jpg
    PicsArt_1381684282244.jpg
    589.5 KB · Views: 133
I hope you are driving around the water. If you are driving through that is just dangerous.
It mph real good. 85 in the 1/8 ain't no joke for a stocker.
You are knocking on the door of sevens with a little traction.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

There wasn't much space to go around the water, so I had to go through it. Also the motor isnt much stock, this is with TE44 at 18lbs, ALKY, ported heads, mild cam, 3in exhaust, fpr, K&N but I haven't gotten a chance to finish the built. Its on stock injectors,(waiting for 60lb with the chip) stock fuel pump, intercooler and way out of tune (seeing high KR #s sometimes)

Get you a hot wire and a fresh pump. You are right with those mods you should be deep into the sevens.

I try to never get my front tires in the agua. Around the water and back to.the wet if I am not on slicks. You don't want any water in the treads. If in front tread, the backs track through it and backs just drip if you get it in the wheelwell. Water is slippery, slippery is bad.

30over, forged pistons, mild cam, ported heads w/new springs, FPR, TE44 turbo, power plate, custom trq conv ( bought it off 'Dusty' ) I believe 2800-3000, ALKY, 3in exhaust, 8in K&N, SCANMASTER...everything else is stock including the tires

and I'm already waiting on the 60lb injectors ( already got the chip cut for my set up) . Also have Welbro hotwire fuel pump just haven't had a chance to get it installed, it's a mission and a half on the Firebird. But I'll get it done...Can my 60FT be so bad due to no traction?

Good mods.
Your having major traction issues. Probably from initial lag and spinning the tires. Need sticky tires for sure. Then you can start Ebrake launching it at 12-15psi off the line.

But I'll get it done...Can my 60FT be so bad due to no traction?

Getting the fuel pump/hot wire in is important so you can feed those engine mods.
Getting some traction is needed if you want to lay down a good number. If you cant launch it is hard to get good numbers at the strip.

Rich

Good mods.
Your having major traction issues. Probably from initial lag and spinning the tires. Need sticky tires for sure. Then you can start Ebrake launching it at 12-15psi off the line.

Thank you, I figured that might be my problem. Also I had the gear on OD, should I take off on D instead? I know over five is mainly for hwy driving idk if that hurt me any as well. Looking for some tires now.

Getting the fuel pump/hot wire in is important so you can feed those engine mods.
Getting some traction is needed if you want to lay down a good number. If you cant launch it is hard to get good numbers at the strip.

Rich

Got it, going to be working on those things. Thank you.