Vendors making girdles?

This is not directly answering your question, but i recently purchased a girdle from RJC Racing, and i was amazed as to the quality of the piece. I spent an hour talking to jason about his prduct and you can really tell that he has worked out all the kinks in his setup, all the way down to the spacers that fill in the hole that the oil pan bolts went in. I also highly recommend the crank scraper as well. It serves two purposes: the first one is obvious, reduce parasitic drag, and the secon is to keep oil from splashing on the side of the block and eventually causing oil pan gasket leakage.

I have no experiece from CAT, but i wouldn't even think twice about Jason's products!!!!

Hope that helps

Adrian

I was told that RPM???? also made a girdle for the V6.......and it came with a longer oil pickup tube.....no extensions needed. Has anybody got any info/experience with RPM?

I also agree....Jason make some nice parts. I bought his oil pan for a customer, the cam sensor repair kit and exhaust flanges. All first quality.

girdle

Hey Dave, Give Jack a call at automotve Machine. He was going to put a RPM on my block but I bought one from Jason. Thanks for the name and # to Jack. Matt did a second to none job on my engine. Good Luck, Mike

Mike,

Jack is the one who told me about RPM making girdles!!!

I wanted to hear from anybody who's bought or used one.

They are not a vendor here though:wink:

A customer just brought in a block with an "attempt" to install a girdle from ESP. It will go in the scrap pile,:) and instead we will install the proven RJC girdle as we have done many times over the years.

The CAT girdle is an even bigger joke.:biggrin:

Dave, why would you want to spend $1000's on building a block, and use an unproven part instead of the best one out there?:cool: