Vendor Issue.... Am I Wrong?

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
so I order a TR6 from a well knows vendor here and a couple days later I get an email stating its not in stock and will take 2-3 weeks to get....

now maybe its just me but if a vendor has an electrical part for sale and it doesn't say "Will take 2-3 weeks to make or order" then its ASSumed that the part is in stock and ready to ship out immediately.

they take my "Money" immediately so I wud expect my purchased item wud ship out immediately.

to me thats dishonest and deceitful and slightly grimmy....!

but maybe I'm way off here IDN....

my order was cancelled. not by me but by them. I guess they didn't like the fact that I stated that was BS and if u have it for sale on ur website then it shud be available.

the funny part is the very next day I contacted another vendor and asked if he had any TR6's in stock and he said yes ill ship out tomoro. well, two days later it arrived..... imagine that smh

I mean even wen u order one of Erics chips it says its 7-10 day wait and everyone knows that. there shud be no wait on an item like this. you either have it in stock or you don't!

if I transfer my money from PayPal to a vendors account for a part I've ordered I expect it to ship out in at least two days.

Sorry for the unproductive response but I would just file it in my memory and move on, choose another vendor next time you need parts so In your head your making them pay for aggrvating you. Can't be easy trying to make a living selling these parts..

I basically agree in principle, Brett, but I try to remember to ask. Vendors aren't always forthcoming with the details.
I probably would have cancelled also.

IDN its just aggravating cause I've ordered from this vendor before and never had any issues. I just thought it was dishonest. watever I'm over it....

Some small vendors don't have direct control over their websites, they have an outside entity lay it out and update it. So if they are temporarily out of stock on something they normally carry they may not bother to have it updated. It's a bitch but it's a fact of life. Neither side is "wrong" it's just a side effect of owning a niche automobile. If it's a rush item you should probably call and let them know it's ASAFP

its their own company and website. no outside control over their website so they update it no one else so they know exactly wat items they hav in stock and which ones they don't.

Some small vendors don't have direct control over their websites, they have an outside entity lay it out and update it. So if they are temporarily out of stock on something they normally carry they may not bother to have it updated. It's a bitch but it's a fact of life. Neither side is "wrong" it's just a side effect of owning a niche automobile. If it's a rush item you should probably call and let them know it's ASAFP

Kirban comments

I am sure I am speaking for most vendors in our field. Our website is not set up to show in stock parts. A good bit of what we carry we can usually get in 2-3 days. The turbo regal business is not set up like Amazon.

Not exactly sure what a TR6 part is but if its a part from Bob Bailey we buy his popular items every few weeks he usually takes 2 weeks or so for deliveries as things are slower in the winter. Another example would be spool fill fillers he resides in sunny california....we usually wait until we are just about out or run out then we order. You can never anticipate the demand. We just went two weeks did not sell a single vacuum brake set up then one day last week we sold 4 only had 3 on hand of all the parts...

take adjustable fuel pressure regulators I probably call that company that makes them 3 times every week for 20 years. his phone number is in my meory...its on going....we buy over 100-150 ford regulators a month from him backed up by 20 years of this....I spent and I am sure several other vendors spend a good bit of their time bugging suppliers....I use the words "Will I see it in my lifetime? The repro door jamb VIN data decals we are working on its a lot of work to set this project up just to have company approve it and make sure customers send us the proper info. Even then it will take 7-10 days to get the VIN decals...Amazon is loosing money on their 2 day shipping program....very costly...ffrom what I have read.

with us ifs a while we offer a refund or ask customer are they willing to wait....none of us vendors are perfect...heck the cars are not perfect..

denniskirban@yahoo.com

a far as website goes we can make additions price changes deletions but we are not set up to have count on hand...showing.....on the website...same company that did GMs website set ours up....

wats a matter cheeseburger ur feelings get hurt.....awwwwwwww ill send u a teddy bear maybe that will make u feel better

2 issues. Most vendors don't show up to date and you should have been charged unless it shipped. Now doing it through PayPal that's different bc you're just sending $ basically. Me personally I always truly to do over phone orders or call info about parts. Usually easiest for me. Vendor could have also stated may take a week depending on supply etc.