VDO Tachometer question

03FatBoy

I am building a GNX dash using the VDO Vision series gauges (tach is # 333-155). My first test using Casper's wiring harness, the tach did not function. The tach is wired using the same (white) connector from the former tach/boost wiring harness. Do I need to wire this directly to the unused tach connector under the hood (green plug behind alternator) or will I have to use some sort of tach adaptor?

Thanks!

first your going to be mad when I tell you this but the wiring harrnes you bought unless your using that 2k GNX dash its not worth the cash you should not have bought it you could have used that cash to get every thing you needed now you spent $ 250 and still need to spend that much more to get it all to work you could have spent that one time. You are going to need an adaptor to get the tach to work and if you have cruz still hooked up you need 2 of them.
here is the parts list you needed before you bought the wiring harnes.
103071 Connector Mate, Dash Bulkhead $35 1 needed
102007 VDO Converter Tach Module $33 2 needed if cruz 1 if not
102045 VSS VDO Sender Dead End $82 1 needed
102046 VSS Convertor $82 1 needed
5 lights I paid $2 each for mine. or you can use 108181
108181 Telltale PC Boards - GNX Dash $50
On my dash I did a way with the idiot lights all together so I had to buy lights and could not use his PC board.
Since you have his harness what dash are you usung the reproducton GNX,AVC , just a plate with holes cut in it ?
Im not at home but when I get there tonight I can scan my AVC instructions and take some picks for you. I used my AVC as how to to wire my new dash up I will take some pics for you.

first your going to be mad when I tell you this but the wiring harrnes you bought unless your using that 2k GNX dash its not worth the cash you should not have bought it you could have used that cash to get every thing you needed now you spent $ 250 and still need to spend that much more to get it all to work you could have spent that one time. You are going to need an adaptor to get the tach to work and if you have cruz still hooked up you need 2 of them.
here is the parts list you needed before you bought the wiring harnes.
103071 Connector Mate, Dash Bulkhead $35 1 needed
102007 VDO Converter Tach Module $33 2 needed if cruz 1 if not
102045 VSS VDO Sender Dead End $82 1 needed
102046 VSS Convertor $82 1 needed
5 lights I paid $2 each for mine. or you can use 108181
108181 Telltale PC Boards - GNX Dash $50
On my dash I did a way with the idiot lights all together so I had to buy lights and could not use his PC board.
Since you have his harness what dash are you usung the reproducton GNX,AVC , just a plate with holes cut in it ?
Im not at home but when I get there tonight I can scan my AVC instructions and take some picks for you. I used my AVC as how to to wire my new dash up I will take some pics for you.

great info, thanks!
please post the pics and avc scans when you get a chance!