Valve springs ?

thejanster

What valve springs should i be runnuing on a mildly modified 87 gn ? Company & part # would help

I have some gn1 champion and champ irons 100 lb brand new springs. i went to roller and higher pressure springs-$60. shipped per set.

Run stock replacement springs with that cam. Don't run a lot of spring pressure if you don't have to.

You don't need 100# springs with a stock cam. All it will do is cause excessive load and wear on the cam and timing chain. I know a lot of people will tell you to run 100# springs but with today's oils and the problems with wiping flat tappet cams I would stay with the stock springs unless your buildup absolutely requires them. I have been running stock springs with a 208/208 .474 lift cam for the last 6 years and shifting at 5800 rpms with no problems.

i would have your stockers pressure tested to see what the real pressures on the almost 20 year old springs currently are and if you notice that the lifters start to float after you get on it- its just a side effect of weak springs.