valve cover gasket leak

wicked6

I might have a valve cover gasket leak or an intake gasket leak. In the event I pinpoint it to the valve cover, what gaskets should I get?

Thanx

I like the cork ones from Fel-Pro #VS50156. Spray permatex gasket tack on both sides. Worked great a bunch of times.
...The secret is in the prep work. Have to get the heads and valve cover flanges spotless. You can't have them too clean! Then assemble. Torque to GM specs 44 inch/lbs.
If they don't seal, either it's not clean enough or the valve cover flanges are warped(probably from someone tightening too much)
HTH, CaptRob

I just did this like 3 times before I got it right. take some adhesive sealant like ultra black or any silicone that has adhesive properties and apply an even light bead w/ your finger all the way around the surface on the head. let set up slightly ( 15 mins) then stick your new gaskets too the head let set for a while ( 1 hr ) install valve cover and like captrob said do not over torque it.
hope this works the first time

captrod is 100% correct. Spray the permatex adhesive on both sides and let it sit until it gets tacky. Then bolt on and torque 44 in#. Also if you go to Autozone they sell the Felpro for ~$9 and OEM replacements for $4 (????seal). I compared them both and there is hardly any difference. HTH

Mike Banas
87GN

Has anyone used the blue latex coated gaskets from Felpro? I'm thinking of putting them on. Or just the cork ones are just as good?