Valve cover breathers

Coelacanth

I learned today that there are two kinds of valve cover breathers; lock-in style for stock valve covers and push-in style for aftermarket ones. I saw this set online:

http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1079&osCsid=07006fb26e9b4db45083bbfd5de43b15

It looks to me like the valve covers must be removed to install these; is this correct? And second question, considering these are for stock valve covers, looking at my passenger side cover, I see no hole to install the mini-breather in it. Do you need to drill a hole for it?

Thanks for the info.

No need to remove valve covers or drill holes. The driver side attaches just like the stock oil fill tube does. Your passenger valve cover already has a hole in it behind the turbo (its not on the top of the cover like the driver side is). The only thing you might have to do is trim a little off the neck of the new breather. The neck may be a bit too long to go in completely and seat nicely.

Cool, thanks for the info. So the p/s mini-breather sticks in horizontally instead of vertically?

I have that set on mine.
The angled drivers side locks in just like factory, except tighter. The passenger side is installed in the front of the valve cover by removing the filter and hose that goes to the turbo inlet bell. That kit includes a rubber cap and zip tie to cap off the fitting on the turbo inlet bell.
I hope this helps.

Cool, thanks for the info. So the p/s mini-breather sticks in horizontally instead of vertically?

Horizontally, yes.
I autocross mine some and found a 90* tube the right size to mount mine vertically to the back of the turbo shield to keep oil from seeping out after the twisties.

I found a photo.
image.jpeg