Valve body question

Update:

After replacing the TV Boost valve, and removing the TCC solenoid (I'll replace that later), I now have a transmission that behaves itself for the most part.

My only remaining complaint with it is no first gear takeoff. It wants to start in 2nd. The first time you pull it down from park into OD, it will start in 1st. After that, it always starts in 2nd unless I pull it down into manual 1.

The shifts are crisp, on time and just what I'd expect from a GN. Interestingly the pressures aren't the same anymore in manual 1 and 2. They're not much more than 100 all the time. In fact, the whole trans stays between about 70 and 110, the entire time. Is that normal? I can't complain about the quality of the shifts at this point. It shifts great! Just no start in 1st. Any ideas?

It never gets over 110 psi?
I think you put the reverse boost valve in backwards if thats the case.

It never gets over 110 psi?
I think you put the reverse boost valve in backwards if thats the case.

I'll double check it tonight when it's still light out. It was dark last night when I drove it.

Would that cause the no 1st gear start? Man, I'm batting a thousand.

I'll double check it tonight when it's still light out. It was dark last night when I drove it.

Would that cause the no 1st gear start? Man, I'm batting a thousand.

Line over 90 psi at minimum TV.

Ok I think the darkness was messing with my eyes last night...

Park idle - 100-110
Park part throttle - 140ish
Park WOT - 210

Reverse idle 95-100
Neutral Idle - 95-110
OD idle - 90-100
OD part throttle cruise - 130
D idle - 95-110
D footbrake WOT (like starting to do a burnout) 210 psi but oddly would randomly drop to 150, then back up to 210???
2 idle - 95-130
2 decel from ~30 mph up to 150, but adding throttle would lower pressure
1 idle - 95-120

The wierdest things for me here are the lowering of pressure in 2 decel, and the random lowering of pressure in D WOT. This almost suggested low fluid level to me, but I checked the fluid level and it's right at the top of the hash marks showing full.

Still, the shifts are great, firm and on time. There was only one time I felt like it might have gone into 3rd a bit soon. Still no 1st gear start unless you start from park and put it in OD and drive. After it upshifts once, it won't go back down to 1. It also won't kick down into 1 under WOT.

I'm wondering if a video of my pressure gauge w/ sound (i'm running no muffler at the moment) wouldn't help diagnose this a bit better.