Valve body help - Check ball locations

russgoodman

I was trying to pull my valve body off to try to figure out why trans wont go into 4th gear. Valve body gasket got stuck to valve body and ripped off, forcing me to dive deeper into trans to replace the gasket. I had 4 check balls on top of the separator plate between the plate and cover gasket, but I guess I didn't get a good pic of their location and 2 fell out of position as I removed the plate. Im hoping that someone knows where these other 2 check balls go so I can put the trans back together. Trans is one of Lonnie's stage 2s. Thanks
20130423_155857.jpg
View attachment 187823View attachment 187823

maybe this will help

Attachments

• 2004R_54E10.1 EA elic brake.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 276
Didn't even think about checking the tbrake instructions pacecarta, thanks so much! I learned that my 2 that I thought were in correct position were not even close.

Lonnie, I hadn't been able to get through to you so I figured some of these guys could help me out. Also, what do you want me to use to hold the check balls in place? I know not antiseize, since thats what you think the problem is to begin with. Thanks!
Russ

russgoodman said:
Didn't even think about checking the tbrake instructions pacecarta, thanks so much! I learned that my 2 that I thought were in correct position were not even close.

Lonnie, I hadn't been able to get through to you so I figured some of these guys could help me out. Also, what do you want me to use to hold the check balls in place? I know not antiseize, since thats what you think the problem is to begin with. Thanks!
Russ

If you don't have any Trans-Jel then use a small amount Vaseline to hold the check balls.