Value of a Gnx

Fox body

Anybody now what the value of a Gnx is that has a salvage title could use some minor paint work over all clean.car has 20k miles. Matching numbers . Car needs some minor mechanical work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have no number to offer, but .......
it would be worth MORE than a clone,
obviously the cleaner the
more valuable.

Hope the salvage title isn't from a flood...

Without knowing why it has a salvage title, what mechanical issues it has it is nothing more than a guess. Post some pics and further info on mechanical issues. Without further info I would guess in the 30's .

Bryan

well, jasjamz thinks a 67mi one is only worth 40 to 50K, , so in his mind
this one wouldn't be worth anything!
I guess its all in how you look at it.
( is marijuana legal in his state?)

Anybody now what the value of a Gnx is that has a salvage title could use some minor paint work over all clean.car has 20k miles. Matching numbers . Car needs some minor mechanical work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Let's just say this car is salvage from a salt water flood up to it's roof? Minor mechanical, motor trans and rearend need to be flushed/cleaned. fuel tank drained and cleaned, computer changed, all sensors and relays changed, all or most wiring and fuse box changed or removed and cleaned, interior removed and most likely changed or replaced. GNX gauges replaced. the list would go on and on. If not done properly the salt would eat at most clean metal surfaces and wiring and be nothing but a problem for the person who gets the car and half asses it. Also not so easy to find clean parts to put in a 20k mile car. If this was the case now what's the car worth?????????? just sayin!

Let's just say this car is salvage from a salt water flood up to it's roof? Minor mechanical, motor trans and rearend need to be flushed/cleaned. fuel tank drained and cleaned, computer changed, all sensors and relays changed, all or most wiring and fuse box changed or removed and cleaned, interior removed and most likely changed or replaced. GNX gauges replaced. the list would go on and on. If not done properly the salt would eat at most clean metal surfaces and wiring and be nothing but a problem for the person who gets the car and half asses it. Also not so easy to find clean parts to put in a 20k mile car. If this was the case now what's the car worth?????????? just sayin!

Hagerty has a good valuation tool

image.jpg

Salt water flood over the dash of the car with Minor Mechanical Issues......lol, They would only be minor if you CHANGED every electrical part. Make your life easy and either cut the car up or cut it loose to a mechanic that will rebuld it.

Also, what type of title does it have? Clean with no Carfax history? Or damage flood history or a Branded Title? Does it need to go thru Salavge inspection to get a new title?

Wow! all i said was what is a gnx worth with a salvage title. After a couple of replies the car was hit by submarine. look out this one took off like a rocketship. who in there right mind would cut up a matching numbers Gnx in any condition. the car will be sold on this site and ebay soon in perfect running condition. The car will be worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Thanks

Wow! all i said was what is a gnx worth with a salvage title. After a couple of replies the car was hit by submarine. look out this one took off like a rocketship. who in there right mind would cut up a matching numbers Gnx in any condition. the car will be sold on this site and ebay soon in perfect running condition. The car will be worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Thanks

If you didn't want honest opinions....why'd you ask?? Without more detailed information, all anyone of us can do is speculate as to the cause of the salvage title....including worst case scenarios.

all i asked for was an idea of what the value would be. but with that said plainwhite T you are correct i should expect some speculation which doesnt bother me at all. that comment that i made wasnt directed at everyone on this post. the bottom line is the Gnx belongs to a family member and there are other people on this site that know him. i dont know who exactly but i feel some comments made have an alterior motive. the reason for the secrecy is out of respect for the new owner. the person who buys this car will know exactly every detail. and if someone from this site is interested in the car and decides to pass on it for what ever reason i hope they would have the same consideration. thanks

all i asked for was an idea of what the value would be. but with that said plainwhite T you are correct i should expect some speculation which doesnt bother me at all. that comment that i made wasnt directed at everyone on this post. the bottom line is the Gnx belongs to a family member and there are other people on this site that know him. i dont know who exactly but i feel some comments made have an alterior motive. the reason for the secrecy is out of respect for the new owner. the person who buys this car will know exactly every detail. and if someone from this site is interested in the car and decides to pass on it for what ever reason i hope they would have the same consideration. thanks

Basically its none of anyones business what the car sells for! thats between the buyer and seller,
value? again between buyer and seller!
most here will never have or afford a GNX, but everyone is entitled to an opinion,
but to "cut it up" is pretty dumb!
I have people ask me all the time "what'd ya pay for it"? I tell them "ALOT"
ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!
sad to hear a valuable car was damaged, I hope it can be brought to orig cond, once again.
Best of Luck .

Depends on buyer
I am looking and have money in hand
I have had bad luck with salvage cars in past and vowed to never repeat so for me if I did it I would decrease price 50 to 70 % if I even did it

But many wont be deterred so again depends on buyer
I would imagine on a collector car salvage really hurts long term value?
But if buying it to drive a lot maybe not a big deal