Vacuum brake booster kit

By using your own retarded logic you could easily say the hydroboost was obsolete and out of production on the 1986 GN. It wasn't used after 1985 on the Regals.

What did Buick know about hydroboost at that time, too costly, too much service needed, didn't work that great? You tell us. :p

Air pressure is never blown into the booster that's what the check valve is for. :rolleyes:

My two cars with stock cams easily have 15" of vacuum at idle and can run a vacuum setup just fine.

I don't brake when flooring the car usually. :eek:

As soon as you let off these cars you get enough vacuum to run the brakes just fine, most of us have a guage and working vacuum brakes on a car to prove that out.

And it's interesting that a used 23-28 year old, taken out of a junkyard car, vaccum system can still work as well or better than a "rebuilt" powermaster or "rebuilt" hydroboost system. ;)

Assuming you actually have read any of the threads around here regarding problems, and are not just doing your routine six month flyby on the board.

Maybe paying the vendor fees and participating with some real tech. help and good customer service might make your hydroboost customers happier. :)

I have a connection

for hydro boosts,
Saheed , in nigeria.
he can fix you up with what ever you need.
guaranteed for life, and real cheap too! :tongue:

Everyone points to the TTA. How many were made? The Powermaster was out of production at the end of 1987. The TTA was made with leftover V-6's in 1989. There were no Powermasters even available to install on the TTA's. The Powermaster would not even clear the spring tower of an F-Body. I rebuild these boosters. Vacuum, Hydroboosts, and Powermasters. Thousands of them. I know what is in them ,and how to modify them for increased power. Vacuum boosters need VACUUM. Something the G.N. does not have enough of to operate the booster. Blowing air PRESSURE into a VACUUM booster can not work. We had big problems in the 60's when they put bigger cams in Chevelles and Mustangs then. Vacuum dropped to 14" and 7" in gear with an automatic. Now it's worse for vacuum in these cars with the addition of 4 discs and even bigger cams. Buick knew that from the first one in 1983, Buick INSTALLED HYDROBOOSTS from day one, NOT a Regal vacuum booster. Maybe Buick Knew something? Vacuum boosters are rated to operate at 20" of vacuum. IF you have a Buick that pulls 20" of vacuum IN GEAR, then it will work, maybe even with the tiny S-10 brakes.

Really Bob? You need to do some homework when you post false info. This is off B4Blacks website so I think you need to retract your original statement.:biggrin: You guessed it, a factory vacuum booster on a turbo car from Buick.:eek: Most of the cars from 78 to 81 used vacuum bosted brakes and it was only started on the 82 GN and most of them still had vacuum brakes.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 81soule4.jpg
    81soule4.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 595
Found a complete kit at Gbodyparts.com to convert to vacuum, comes with replacement brake pedal, used price $225, new $395.