V4R fit issues

Sleeper-6

This build has been kicking my ass. Here's my latest issue, I tried putting in the inter-cooler in tonight here's my new issue. It needs to go another 1.5" to the left to get the inlet to line up with the turbo. Seems easy enough except the this is as far as it will go before it hits the idler arm. I have the wheels turned to the left, so this is a worst case scenario. Now what?

Attachments

• V4R-01.jpg
    V4R-01.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 187
  • V4R-02.jpg
    V4R-02.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 176
  • V4R-03.jpg
    V4R-03.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 168
  • V4R-04.jpg
    V4R-04.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 176
I didn't have any issues with the steering. I had to modify the Kirbans frame stiffener rods for clearance.

I'll try the outlet pipe when I get home. I figured if I can't get the air into it what does it do me to get it out. :confused:

I'll try the outlet pipe when I get home. I figured if I can't get the air into it what does it do me to get it out. :confused:

I was thinking if the up pipe is off by a similar distance, something must be out of whack with the bracketry or the IC. If the up pipe aligns perfectly, you might have a problem with the header alignment (flange not welded on correctly?)

I'm not even lined up with the holes on the bracket. That's part of the problem. If I could get the holes lined up, the inlet would be in about the right place. I'll try and tweak the pictures to show it better, but the IC is wedged between the sway bar and the idler arm for the steering. I can't get it any farther to the passenger side.
Without the sway bar I could just push it forward with spacers to clear the arm. However this is a street car so loosing the front bar is not an option for me.

Just to put things in perspective, I have the DP on and it appears to be sitting right where it belongs and the factory turbo support bracket fits. So that tells me that the flange is in the right place, or at least close to it. I have HR Parts engine mounts on both sides so there's no sag there and the body is on poly bushings that are about 5 years old. So I believe everything is where it needs to be.

I bought this used so it's prior history is unknown to me. Somewhere along the line someone did some welding on the end tanks. I'm wondering if the overall dimensions were changed and that's causing my issues. It looks like to make this work I'm going to have to notch the end tank to clear the idler arm and get a piece welded in to seal it back up. :rolleyes: