Using a NA shortblock for a L67 rebuild

jpratt

My l67 block is trashed right now I and have an opportunity to buy a NA 3800 that was running great before it was wrecked. What are the opinions of running a L32 engine with my top swapped over ? I am getting the entire car for $750 and will probably sell parts to recover that amount fully.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

a lot of people have gone the n/a lower with l67 heads and charger tend to make more power with the extra compression.

My l67 block is trashed right now I and have an opportunity to buy a NA 3800 that was running great before it was wrecked. What are the opinions of running a L32 engine with my top swapped over ? I am getting the entire car for $750 and will probably sell parts to recover that amount fully.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
L32 is a series 3 supercharged , l36 is a series 2 na

Yes people do top swaps with an L67/L32 from the heads upward on top of an L36 short block , yes this bumps up the compression -the na pistons however are not coated on the tops and have thinner ring lands since they were not designed for boost , plenty of people make this work but the tune has no room for error , lots of top swapped cars have chipped pistons if the tune isn't on.

Also by the time you buy all the head/intake/sc gaskets as well as new torque to yield bolts your generally in the range of buying a parts car with a good running unmodded L67 engine , of course you can part out your current L67 engine and recoup some money from it too.

From my years on 3800sc forums I have observed more engines that have been opened up having issues than used stock ones that haven't been open before.

This is just my opinion and opinions vary lol