Use of Nitromethanol

You can buy the stuff in it's raw state you know...

I smell if from time to time in some of the monster trucks. No one talks about it, but I have definitely smelled it a number of times.

Do not quote me on this, but if I remember correctly a low percentage of Nitromethane added to methanol (5-10%) significantly increases methanol's ability to atomize. Basically a little bit goes a LOOOONG way... I'll see if I can find what I read. Like I said, it's been a while, and my vaults are a little dusty lol

So what you guys are saying is you want to use the same fuel that the engines with the highest Hp/CI ratio in the world use... 12-15hp per Cubic inch is nothing to laugh at, especially at 30,000rpms! Those little nitro R/C engines are a modern wonder.

R/C glow fuel also contains 12-18% oil. The oil will most likely destroy the seals in the alky pump.

Oil(petroleum) and alky pumps = bad newzzz :D

If you want more power.. its simple.. run higher boost :D buy a bigger turbo :D crank it up.. Whether it comes from fuel or boost.. 1000 hp feels the same to the crankshaft on the engine. Whether it happens at 10 PSI or 50 PSI..

Nitro

Thanks to everyone for their input on this idea. I sent an email to a friend of mine who runs an A fuel dragster to ask him what the oil content is in the nitro they run in the dragster since the consensus is that the oil content in the r/c fuel is too much for the alky injection system.

I have a mule motor in another one of my cars that is also equipped with an alky injection system. If I get the courage up,:eek: (or surrender to my stupidity as some of you may characterize it) I may pour some evil nitro into the resevoir to see what happens, if anything.

It won't be until next spring but I will let the members know how it works if I try it; or, if you hear or feel a tremendous explosion coming from Texas, it could be my experiment gone awry.

i recall using "power fuel" brand nitro mix in my sbc i had. i would use a can of that and 10gal of purple 108. no issues....
just didnt use all the time

Ok I have no idea where i read that about 10% helping methanol atomize... went and looked around and couldnt find anything about it.

This has been done before though, google it. There is even an alky kit company selling a nitromethane additive for their kits.

Klotz has nitro additives and more. I have used without problems.
Check out on web.